AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com (https://www.abbvie.com).
The Manager, Cost Accounting oversees financial accounting, financial reporting, cost allocation, collection of data and preparation of reports that maintain AbbVie’s cost accounting systems for businesses supported. Responsible for the implementation of accounting and internal control policies/procedures to assure accurate financial reporting, cost effective production and responsible commitment of asset/expense resources.
- Support the month-end financial close process.
- Support development of accurate financial forecasts. Includes but not limited to development of annual plans/Updates/LBEs/LRPs.
- Lead the annual manufacturing cost development cycle.
- Provide support cross functionally to Planning & logistics, Purchasing, and Manufacturing.
- Support Finance project initiatives as well as cross functional initiatives requiring Finance support.
- Ensures requests for internal audit, external audit and intercompany material transfers are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain internal controls (i.e., Inventory Cycle Count Requirements etc.) and document key financial processes.
- Assists Finance management in identifying areas of cost reduction and operational improvements to drive financial performance.
- Other various ad hoc analysis to support business strategy.
- May be responsible for managing a staff directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MS in Accounting or Finance, and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 6+ year’s related accounting experience required with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a large matrixed organization preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced