Abbvie’s Precision Medicine Immunology Department is expanding its Translation Research Team at the Abbvie Bioresearch Center (ABC) in Worcester. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist with immunology and molecular biology laboratory experience to be part of a fast paced and multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing new technologies to enable decision making in clinical trials and evaluate disease and drug biology. This position requires passion, attention to detail, prior hands-on experience, and teamwork.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory.
- Independently generate precise, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and data interpretation skills and should possess understanding of core discipline.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical knowledge to solving problems.
- Optimally organize, document scientific studies, and communicate research progress and planned activities through oral and written presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in molecular or cellular biology, immunology, pharmacology, or related field and typically 2+ years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 0 years of experience.
- Skillful in basic cellular and molecular biology techniques, such as immune cell culture, Western blot analysis, ELISA, RNA isolation, and qPCR.
- Experience using software such as Prism, MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary groups in a fast-paced discovery team setting.
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with team members throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral).
- Hands-on experience in multi-color flow cytometry and luminex assays is preferred.
- Experience working with human tissues is a plus.
- Background in inflammatory or autoimmune diseases is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic immunology concepts, target engagement, receptor occupancy and pharmacodynamic assay development is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Travel: No
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced