The Bioprocess Development at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated junior Scientist to join the CHO Cell Line Development team. The Scientist will advance AbbVie’s biotherapeutics pipeline through the development and characterization of highly productive CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP protein manufacturing. The selected candidate will have good experience in mammalian cell culture and demonstrate good aseptic technique history, following standard protocol to generate and analyze precise, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner. The candidate will also need to demonstrate good communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, team-working spirit, and a strong scientific thinking approach in problem solving. The position is based in AbbVie Bioresearch Centre, Worcester, MA.
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Develop a highly productive stable CHO cell line suitable for cGMP biotherapeutic manufacturing for various Biologics projects following standard protocols
- Participate and contribute to cross functional CMC team as CLD lead to ensure the success of CMC timeline
- Participate in new technology improvement projects
- Perform routine tasks competently, independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Author technical reports detailing standard procedures used and results. Effectively present scientific data and concepts to various audiences Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations.
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and/or techniques. Maintain laboratory equipment and optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time and laboratory supplies and reagents, when appropriate.
- Consult literature to understand the scientific purpose of assignments. Impact projects predominantly through lab activity.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug, and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years’ experience or Master’s Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience).
- Attention to details, careful record-keeping, strong time management skills with executing multi-step experiments
- Strong interest in working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across projects while keeping deliverables within timelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced