AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Scientist, Discovery Biologics
Biologics Discovery Sciences at AbbVie is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join a dynamic team supporting biologics drug discovery. This position will impact projects through purification and characterization of biopharmaceutical products such as monoclonal antibodies in high throughput. The ideal candidate should have direct experience with mammalian tissue culture, protein purification, proficiency in standard chromatography techniques, protein characterization (e.g., MS, SEC), and binding assays (e.g., ELISA and flow cytometry). The applicant should be able to analyze, document, and report data. They should possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable presenting in group settings.
- BS or MS in Biology or related field with 0-5+ years (BS), or 0-2+ years (MS) of relevant industry/academic experience
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Experience with protein purification and in vitro analytical techniques for protein characterization (e.g., SEC, MS)
- Keen ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to operate in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
- Competency with software programs, including MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Direct experience with binding assays (e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (PCR, molecular cloning)
- Familiarity with sequence analysis tools (Vector NTI, Geneious, Sequencher) and graphing software (GraphPad Prism)
- Understanding of protein structure and function
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Position will be hired based on level of experience
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation