This role is a key leader in site operations with responsibility over site maintenance, metrology, planning and reliability teams. They are to target critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement activities. The AD of GMP Site Services is accountable for the maintenance metrics for the site and ensure alignment with the global MEP team. This role identifies and manages equipment reliability risks that could adversely impact site or business operations. This position has managerial responsibilities over a large technical organization comprised of front line leaders, technicians, maintenance planners, calibration techs and reliability technicians that have responsibility to execute all manners of maintenance tasks (predictive, planned, and demand), calibration, manage the site CMMS system, and drive improvements to maintenance processes and asset efficiency.
The AD of GMP Site Services will have responsibilities for the maintenance stockroom, inventory and ordering to ensure proper levels of spares and availability of critical spares.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of exempt and nonexempt technical personnel. Provides leadership for the organization, and sets direction for all direct reports
- Serves as the face of the organization to internal and external customers with responsibility of ensuring the highest level of customer service
- Supports the department manager in developing monthly KPI report-outs for the organization, tracks data related to KPI’s, and drives improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) in response to major equipment failures by understanding and applying failure data analysis techniques, perform analyses of assets to include asset utilization, overall equipment reliability, Mean Time between Failure (MTBF) and remaining useful life as guiding parameters
- Work with Engineering to review maintenance and installation plans for new equipment, and provide reliability and maintainability specifications for changes, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Participate in design and installation specifications, factory and site acceptance testing, and commissioning plans to assure adherence to functional specifications
- Responsibility their organizations compliance to all policies and procedures, EHS requirements, cGMP requirements, and any other regulatory body requirements (FDA, OSHA, EPA, DEA, etc), and timely corrective actions to any gaps in these areas.
- Analyze failure history to determine the reliability characteristics of key systems, and from this analysis, develop long-term solutions to recurring issues.
- Ensures the timely and effective execution of maintenance tasks including PdM, PM, DM, and all other work types in their area of responsibility
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems. Responsible for adherence to Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Support the Maintenance Excellence Program (MEP) by targeting critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement activities. Train employees on reliability processes, train supervision on the impact that the operators and technicians can have on reliability.
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems.
- Lead site reliability committee and communicate key aspects of the reliability program and direction to senior leaders on a routine basis.
- Ensure efficient and effective maintenance stock room processes and asset spare parts program. Lead inventory optimization and continuous improvement efforts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science, or related discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience, or demonstrated competence with a 15+ years of significant maintenance, reliability, or related experience. A post-graduate education/degree may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions
- Experience with diverse customer base with a track record of outstanding customer service. Maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators. Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations
- Requires a very high level of attention to detail and mental concentration, to ensure accuracy and total compliance with procedures at all times.
- Must be results driven, demonstrating strong problem solving and analytical skills to strive to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders.
- Works well with other engineers, technicians, and site leaders in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and fiscal control.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced