Direct a staff of Managers and Supervisors leading multi-shift operations to meet production, quality, safety and financial demands of the operation. Coordinate plant manufacturing activities and achieve or exceed key performance metrics. Direct department personnel scheduling and development, building and maintaining a culture of high performance. Implement policies/procedures impacting operations across quality, materials management, engineering, and EH&S. Assure compliance within the manufacturing unit or site while delivering high levels of customer service and complying with all regulatory requirements. Direct responsibility for the manufacture of buffers and media components as the lifeblood of biologics production, cleaning and prep activities needed for reusable mobile parts/equipment, and GMP cleaning of a multi-suite manufacturing facility.
- Set, direct and control all operational and financial goals, budget, and objectives for the Core Support area; manage spend of >$35MM. Track and trend performance levels and maximize the operations.
- Drive and lead the manufacturing area to meet the site business strategies and is accountable for operating expenses, payroll and capital expenditures for manufacturing area projects and programs.
- Lead identification, development and implementation of strategies that adapt and transform the organization to meet changing business needs for solution prep, mobile part/equipment cleaning and site cleaning.
- Assist teams in troubleshooting manufacturing issues. Provide technical knowledge and training to efficiently produce the highest quality products.
- With staff and input from other organizations, able to synthesize action plans, timelines and budgets for project and product goals.
- Develop and manage staff of >50 employees through hiring, managing performance, developing talent and providing clear expectations.
- Ensure all labor and equipment performance measures are met. Responsible for completing established goals, prioritizing project work and controlling and coordinating all activities and improvement efforts across manufacturing areas.
- Manage the employee relations climate to ensure that our AbbVie Way is realized and an environment exists where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential.
- Coach the managers and supervisors in the area and establish clear expectations with them and all employees regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors and champion and model exceptional AbbVie performance and talent management practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technical field: Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+years’ experience including: work as an individual contributor building technical expertise and proved project management skills. Progressively increased responsibility and performance as supervisor, department manager and leader of diverse teams in multiple areas of Operations ( Manufacturing, Quality, Supply chain , Engineering etc)
- Business acumen coupled with functional leadership experience is required to drive high performance in a complex manufacturing operation.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively facilitate the resolution of complex scientific, technical, analytical and business issues across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with senior and executive management.
- Interface w/executive leaders across Operations
- Lead across complex cross-functional teams including representatives from: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, QA, QC, S&T, R&D, regulatory affairs, & finance.
- Accountable to Executives on all phases of projects
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced