Great benefits and career progression? We Offer That!
Making a global impact in your role? We Offer That Too!
Ready to join the AbbVie Team?
The complexities of our global organization provide unique opportunities for growth, job stability, and the pursuit of what matters most to us in our lives. Our passion for operational excellence helps us have a remarkable impact on lives worldwide while maintaining a strong work/life balance that keeps us focused and fulfilled.
We are now recruiting for Warehouse Manager to join AbbVie Westport. As our new Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for the supervision of the Warehouse personnel to ensure all Warehousing functions operate in an efficient manner and that employee safety is a priority.
The functions include Receipt of Materials, general material handling and storage, issuance of material to Production and Shipping. Responsible in ensuring that all CGMP Regulatory requirements for material handling and storage are adhered to & that the yearly overhead budgets for the department are achieved
So if you are ambitious and driven to make a real impact on a global scale, read on to find out more and apply….
• Supervise the Warehouse area ensuring that the efficient operation contribute to and compliment the manufacturing and business objectives of the relevant Business unit.
• Ensure timely Receipt of Materials, general material handling and storage, issuance of material to Production and Shipping.
• Ensures that all materials are accurately located and controlled both physically and on SAP.
• Meet the variable overhead budgets in shipping costs and indirect overtime & focus on reducing variable spending.
• Ensures capitalized items are in control.
• Ensure that all key projects identified are achieved within the defined timelines
• Supervision of the Warehouse personnel to ensure all Warehousing functions operate in an efficient manner. Hold performance meetings as per company policy.
• You will lead, coach, mentor and develop your team, building their capabilities and helping them advance their technical aptitude
• Update T&A and take appropriate action where an individual’s attendance / timekeeping is below the expected standard. Active role in the recruitment.
• Actively participate in the training and certification of new employees.
• Ensure that all aspects of the area of responsibility are fully staffed and that any constraints are managed appropriately in an efficient manner.
• Ensure all activities are completed in line with regulatory (QA and EHS) and corporate requirements.
So does this role sound exciting? then read on.....
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Education and Experience:
• 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline with 3-5 years minimum industry experience
• 2 years experience of people management preferred
• Comprehensive working knowledge of a Biopharmaceutical / Pharma operation
• Excellent people management and conflict handling skills
• Excellent organizational, leadership, communication & motivational skills
• Computer literate with good working knowledge of SAP
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced