Want to make a global impact? We offer that
Ready to be part of a team focused on innovation? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently recruiting Manufacturing / Process Techs for the role of Pharmaceutical Technology Specialists to join our high performing innovative Pharmaceutical Technology team in Westport. The roles will be focused on the new PFS2 facility build. Initially the roles will primarily concentrated around area readiness for the new facility, equipment qualification through to aseptic process simulations and onto commercial manufacturing after that. In the role, the Pharm Tech Specialists will be responsible for developing all required documentation for the new facility and equipment. Assisting the various project team members in completing equipment qualifications from FATs through to performance qualifications.
Does this sound like the right next career move for you? here is a snapshot of the day-to-day activities:
• Be responsible for all aspects of drug product manufacture in the area - this includes all batch preparation activities, compounding, sterile filtration and sterile filling.
• Have an understanding of New Product Introductions (NPI). Assisting the NPI lead in the various associated activities of the transfer process.
• Be proficient in the use of single use technologies – understand the requirements around them and also be capable of working with the various vendors on the development/improvement of new/existing systems.
• Support the new manufacturing area through commissioning and qualification to commercial manufacturing.
So, what education & experience do you need?
• You will have a relevant 3rd level qualification in a scientific, chemical, engineering or appropriate discipline
• Minimum 1 year + GMP experience, Understanding in GMP manufacturing and processing
• Experience with prefill syringe technology and single use systems preferred
• You need to be a strong trouble shooter with report / procedure writing skill set required
• You will have experience with single use technologies and an understanding of autoclave sterilization, dehydrogenation, filter integrity testing essential
So, are you ready now to be part of this innovative diverse Pharmaceutical Technology team? Join AbbVie!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced