Unleashing your full potential? We OFFER that.
A career of limitless possibility? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Senior Manufacturing Manager to join our diverse Biologics Manufacturing team in Westport, Co. Mayo. Reporting to the Assoc. Director for the area, in this role you will support the existing management structure of the 12-hour operation. Liaising with 12-hour managers and ensuring that the full support is given to the AD of Operations. You will be responsible for the communication across the 12 hour shifts and ongoing continuity at all times.
Intrigued? Then read on for a snapshot of key responsibilities………….
In this role, you will:
• Develop a strong manufacturing organization capable of delivering innovative medicines at varying scales, making a remarkable impact on patient’s lives.
• Coach and mentor your team ensuring successful career development, a culture of continuous learning and encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing AD to develop and deliver a business plan providing appropriate timely information as required
• Ensure that customer orders and requirements are met/ exceeded.
• Assess and develop plans around regulatory changes and the impact they may have on the process
• Develop and follow your Leader’s Standard Work, and ensure senior techs do the same
• Representing the company at client and regulatory facing meetings and audits.
• Ensure all activities of the Manufacturing Department are performed in accordance with compliance requirements, GMP, OPEX standards and relevant SOPs and policies through Process Confirmation where appropriate
• Provide leadership at the tiered OPEX meetings to ensure focus and traction is maintained on the key objectives
So, what education and experience to do you need?
• You will have a 3rd level degree in a pharmaceutical science/ engineering / operations discipline.
• As a people leader, it is important that you have 2 years plus of direct people management experience.
• Clear understanding of working within a regulated environment
• Excellent organizational, leadership, communication & motivational skills
Ready to be an AbbVie leader? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced