AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Financial Business Analyst
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Senior Business Analyst to join our team in Westport, Co. Mayo. As our new Senior Business Analyst, you will partner closely with the Financial Controller and the relevant Business Units and support functions to deliver the site strategy with appropriate actions necessary to deliver results. You will be joining an established and talented team on site with a key focus to drive and establish new product indications to continue to drive business growth and proficiency.
So if you are interested in career progression and working with an industry leader in biopharmaceuticals, read on to find out more and get your application started today.
Here is a snapshot of your key responsibilities:
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all functions of the business unit to understand and support the business unit objectives.
- Safeguard Assets on the site by ensuring appropriate budgeting of costs and correct utilization.
- Financial Planning – actively participate in planning processes for the business unit to ensure accurate and timely integration of volumes forecast, costing and resourcing.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Providing the financial analysis for business deliverables and key business metrics.
- Participate in internal, external and/or other audit engagements
- Provide analyses for ad hoc or other business presentations that lend insight into key business drivers enabling operating management to adapt more appropriate tactics/strategy to meet the long-range plan objectives
- Actively participate and contribute to LRP, Plan and LBE specific to assigned business unit and support areas.
- Participate in cross functional teams projects.
- Cross train in other finance areas to support team members.
- Identify Finance efficiencies and project lead implementation of same.
- Support CI initiatives at business unit and support department level.
- Subject Matter Expert in Operations Finance Business Application systems
Education and Experience:
• You will be a Qualified Accountant, with Third level qualification in business/accounting essential.
• Experience within a global manufacturing environment or multinational.
• SAP Experience is preferred.
• Cost Accounting experience.
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation