Technical Shift Lead (Manufacturing Manager)
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people, and when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a new Technical Shift Lead/Production Manager to join our Biologics Manufacturing team in AbbVie Westport. In the role, you will act as the technical expert developing a talented and ambitious team in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
As our new Technical Shit Lead, you will deliver high levels of customer service, ensure the quality of the product, comply with all regulatory requirements, achieve desired financial performance, including cost reductions, and build a high-performance culture for the team.
If working with a great team, great benefits and having a defined career path are important in your next career move, then read on to find out more:
- Act as a key point of contact for and technical expert for the team’s aseptic fill-finish activities.
- Lead and support your team to deliver compounding, filling, lyophilization, equipment preparation, formulation, buffer preparation and processing activities in the biologics fill-finish facility to meet clearly stated operating objectives.
- Coach & mentor your manufacturing team to maximise its effectiveness through clear and effective communication
- Promote and develop a culture of contamination control and compliance with aseptic best practices.
- Communicate departmental goals to provide cost-effective quality compliant products safely and effectively.
- Collaborate with program management, supply chain, technical operations, quality, and engineering groups to ensure effective planning, scheduling and execution of commercial and NPI clinical manufacturing.
- Resolve operations/project issues with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Drive operations excellence and key operations targets, including OEE, where applicable.
- Provide direct interface as a subject matter expert with the QA department to interact with HPRA, FDA and applicable health authorities and internal audits.
Education and preferred experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in batch processing, automation, commissioning, and validation in an FDA/HHPRA-regulated industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or a related scientific field is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
- Comprehensive understanding of contamination control principles and regulatory expectations for aseptic processing.
- Has a technical background in pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries.
- A minimum of 1-year direct supervisory experience in a team environment is preferred.
- Possess strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.