AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Operations Director (Eyecare)
Collaboration without action is not a conversation worth having. If you’re looking to contribute to a dynamic team where brilliant minds make more happen, we’re ready for you at AbbVie.
Welcome to AbbVie.
AbbVie invites you to apply to become our new Operations Director (Eyecare) at our site in Westport, Co. Mayo.
A key site in the AbbVie network, Westport houses an impressive range of technologies where we manufacture eyecare and ocular implants, including aseptic manufacturing and filling for single and multidose ophthalmic products, alongside our commercial biologics manufacturing business unit. As the largest manufacturing site in our Internal Manufacturing & Engineering (IME) network, we are constantly advancing capabilities and leveraging the latest technology via the power of a diverse and equitable workforce.
Your new Role:
Part of the site senior leadership team, you will deliver on our key strategic initiatives, influencing site financial growth while leading our eyecare manufacturing operation. The scope also includes delivering multiple technically complex products, support of new product introductions (NPI) and readiness for launch. With the assistance of Associate Directors and Snr Managers, your team will deliver a 24/7 production schedule that meets the operation's Safety, Environmental, Quality, Production and Financial demands.
A comprehensive package including long-term incentives, pension, health, and well-being awaits. Did we tell you the role is based in Westport, one of the Wild Atlantic Way's most picturesque and family-friendly towns?
So, if you are interested in the opportunity and want to learn more, please apply, and we will be in touch.
Key activities of the Role:
- Lead and progress the eyecare operations business unit to meet safety, environmental, quality, production and financial objectives delivering on performance metrics aligned to the Perfect Index.
- Apply a high level of scientific analysis and decision-making to influence manufacturing processes' design and ongoing optimisation.
- Provide leadership to teams when preparing for Product campaigns (ensuring a 'What If' mindset) and troubleshooting manufacturing issues. Consult and advise cross-functional teams to ensure processes and approaches produce efficient, high-quality products.
- Ensure the "Right First Time" delivery of New Product Introduction (NPI) to batch manufacturing.
- Develop your team by championing AbbVie's performance and talent management practices and incorporating strategic hiring. Ensure team members are provided training and coaching to build technical knowledge and capability.
- Deliver on agreed equipment performance metrics while leveraging the Maintenance Excellence Program.
- Account for operating expenses and capital expenditures for projects and programs. Guide development and implementation of business strategies to achieve budget expectations and drive cost reduction efforts; implement actions to adapt and transform the organisation to meet changing business needs.
Experience and Education to ensure success in the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering or scientific discipline from a recognised institution. Advanced finance or business degree/MBA advantageous.
- 7+ years of diverse technical experience (Large Molecule, Small Molecule, Biologics, Parenterals, API, Drug Product, or Finishing/ Packaging)
- 5 years of people direct people management experience.
- Additionally, cross-functional management experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Manufacturing; Quality; Chemicals, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC); Technical Operations; Engineering; Supply Chain; Environment, Health and Safety (EHS); Compliance.
- Experience delivering start-ups and NPIs.
- Led teams to the highest standards of compliance in EHS and Quality. Excellent inspection and audit record.
- Proven track record leading in a challenging situations or during a period of rapid change.
- Success in translating corporate strategy to the functional area of responsibility; lead teams in delivering top-tier performance to help deliver company strategy through Operation Excellence
- Delivery of P&L financial results while maintaining top-tier quality, safety, and compliance.
To learn more about AbbVie, our culture, and our people, follow our social channels and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Ready to be an AbbVie leader? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.