Ready to make a global impact? We offer that
Investment in your leadership career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Operations Director in AbbVie, Westport. In this role you will lead our committed, innovative manufacturing team delivering multiple products to our patients across the globe while driving for and achieving global manufacturing excellence.
Reporting to the Vice President, Plant General Manager, in this role, you will be interfacing with the global operations group and as part of the site senior leadership team, delivering on our key strategic initiatives, influencing site financial growth and business decisions. This position has been identified as a key talent development role that will be leveraged to identify future leaders for local and international career opportunities so a great opportunity to invest in your leadership career!
Intrigued? Then read on for a snapshot of key responsibilities………….
In this role, you will:
• Lead, coach and develop your team to be a consistent, high performing group; with a focus on strengthening and building technical knowledge/capability thereby investing in their development and career growth.
• Deliver operational and financial goals, budgets and objectives for the assigned manufacturing area. Manage budget of typically $20MM or more, ensure performance levels to maximize operations.
• Lead the assigned manufacturing unit to meet the site business strategies; accountable for operating expenses, payroll and capital expenditures for manufacturing unit projects and programs.
• Implementation of business strategies to achieve budget expectations as well as drive cost reduction efforts; implement actions to adapt and transform the organization in order to meet changing business needs.
• Apply a high level of scientific analysis and decision-making to influence the design and ongoing optimization of manufacturing processes. Provide leadership to teams when troubleshooting manufacturing issues; consults and advises cross-functional teams to ensure processes and approaches result in efficient, high quality products.
• Responsible for synthesizing action plans, timelines and budgets for project and product goals and adjusting these plans accordingly to effectively respond to changing demands of the business.
• Coach managers in the organization and establish clear expectations with them and all employees regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors and champion and model exceptional AbbVie performance and talent management practices.
So, what education and experience to do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a relevant degree in a similar Engineering or Scientific discipline. M.Sc. is preferred with 5-8 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing, with relevant experience of aseptic fill finish manufacturing in the biopharmaceutical industry.
• As a people leader, it is important that you have 5 years plus of direct people management experience.
• You will have 5-8 years plus of detailed knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience/involvement with EMEA and FDA inspections in an (ideally biologics) manufacturing facility is needed to be successful in this role.
•5 years plus of experience of start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
• 5 years plus of demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements with 3 years plus of clear understanding of the performance metrics which drive a manufacturing organization, including utilization, variances, and costs.
Ready to be an AbbVie leader? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.