AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manufacturing Support Specialist
Want to make a global impact? We Offer That
Rewarding career with ongoing professional development? We OFFER that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Manufacturing Support Specialist to join our Biologics Operations team in AbbVie Westport.
In this role you will have overall responsibility for Batch Records, Recipes and the Process in the Biologics Manufacturing business unit. Working closely with other functions, you will be responsible for the delivery of production objectives related to the end-to-end manufacture of products and New Product Introductions.
Does this interest to you? then read on....
Here's a snapshot of the key responsibilities:
- Successful execution of Product batches and campaigns from a Safety, Quality, Supply and Financial perspective
- Ownership of Recipes and Batch Records related to Products
- Ownership of Manufacturing Instructions, ensuring Shift Operations Colleagues have standardized and robust instructions in place to enable RFT execution of Product manufacture
- Ensuring Aseptic Manufacturing requirements and Product specific requirements are met through detailed Manufacturing Instructions and Equipment Configuration / Set-Up
- Delivery of Risk Assessment tools, such as FMEA, to ensure successful campaigns
- Supporting Operations Shift Teams in day-to-day execution
- Leading of relevant Investigations and Troubleshooting
- Driving RFT execution of manufacturing through delivery of Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Oversight of Inventory management for Products under responsibility
- Trending of Quality Performance of Products
- Trending of Yield performance and delivering projects to optimze Yield performance
- Assisting in the execution of Equipment Manufacturing activities
- For New Products, following all Technology Transfer Procedures to ensure a successful transfer and manufacture of the New Product process
So what education & experience do you need?
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in an engineering or Science related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in all aspects of manufacturing/production processes with good writing skills
- A working knowledge of safety, quality systems, and current Good Manufacturing Practices as applied to equipment and process steps in area of responsibility is required. Familiarity with pertinent regulatory filings. Proficiency with tech transfer process and familiarity with equipment and facilities validation
- Must be flexible to handle multiple tasks including ability to handle pressure in a professional manner. Effectively work in a team environment. Maintain high level of energy and professionalism on the job. Build effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, cross-functioned groups, and management.
- Intermediate to High computer and MS Office skills.
So, are you ready now to be part of this ambitious and diverse Technical Operations team? Apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation