Want to make a worldwide impact?
Want to join an award-winning team?
Then join AbbVie!
We focus on innovative new technologies, and with our high performing team, we develop and deliver products and processes to support AbbVie’s wider global needs. We are always looking for talented people to join our team and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Laboratory Technician (Microbiology) to join our team at AbbVie, Westport Co. Mayo, on a fixed-term contract basis. As our new Lab Technician, you will carry out routine/non routine microbiology laboratory activities including environmental monitoring of cleanrooms; microbial analysis of site utilities and testing of raw material, commercial, clinical and development batches.
As part of your role, you will manage the microbial analysis of AbbVie products included in the Global Stability program and show competence to ensure that the Microbiology function adds to the greater benefit of the facility from a Microbial control perspective. In association with the Microbiology Supervisors/Managers you will work to meet company goals and objectives, customer requirements and regulatory obligations as laid down by the FDA, EU and regional MOH.
So, are you ready to join the AbbVie team? Then read on
In your new role you will:
• Maintain strong relationships with management and colleagues both within the Microbiology Lab and with associated Business units.
• Actively participate in the training and certification of employees, safety, and quality initiative teams.
• Perform Environmental monitoring, Sterility testing, endotoxin testing, bioburden testing, particulate matter testing, raw material testing, microorganism identification, media manufacture, growth promotion testing and Antimicrobial Preservative Effectiveness Testing.
• Ensure effective recording, analysis and reporting of Micro testing results ensuring issues impacting quality performance are addressed and drive continuous improvement.
• Attend Departmental and OPEX meetings, Safety & Quality initiative Meetings and other meetings as directed
• Ensure appropriate investigation is performed on out of limit results from testing.
• Perform report writing.
• Ensure timely review of data generated within the team in conjunction with team reviewers.
• Demonstrate active support and involvement in successful progress of compliance initiatives to enhance the site’s aseptic quality program.
• 3rd Level Qualification in Microbiology or equivalent scientific degree
• Ability to articulate clearly when dealing with personnel
• Relevant industry experience preferred.
• Good oral, written, and presentation skills
• Proven to be self-directed, self-motivated and ability to prioritize competing priorities
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Temporary Work