Want to be part of a Great Place to Work? We offer that
Ready to be recognised as a leader? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Financial Controller to join our high performing diverse, extended leadership team, in AbbVie Westport. In this role, you will report to our Site Financial Controller and will have responsibility for financial management of a Large Business Unit at the site.
Your role will be to lead, develop and coach your team while providing full ownership for all financial reporting, budgeting, planning and proactive financial control of the Large Business Unit. This is a high-profile role requiring strong and effective relationships within the Site finance team, Business Unit Leadership Team and Global Finance Team.
Does this sound like the right role for you? If so, read on..................
• Lead, coach and develop your team of financial, cost accountant and analysts
• Partner closely with the Financial Controller and the Site Leadership team to set the site strategy and actions necessary to deliver result
• Financial Planning - Lead the planning processes ensuring accurate and timely integration of volumes forecast, costing and resourcing, ensuring site management input to meet overall AbbVie calendar deadlines
• Ensure financial planning deliverables are accurate, clear and concise for Executive level review and approval
• Be a strategic partner to a Large Business Unit at AbbVie Westport and provide clear and concise output deliverables that can be reviewed with Executive management
• Act as a lead for the Business Unit finance team during internal, external and/or other audit engagements
• Financial statement accuracy – Ensure accurate monthly reporting associated with functional strategic projects
• Staff Development – build and coach your team to ensure an optimal level of support to the business and provide coaching and career development opportunities to sustain a high performing staff
• Provide analyses for ad hoc or other business presentations that lend insight into key business drivers enabling operating management to adapt more appropriate tactics/strategy to meet the long range plan objectives
• Ensure compliance with all internal policies, SOX and accounting policies.
• Individual is expected to successfully perform all responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy
• Assist in the annual cost standards setting process, developing, and consolidating the annual financial plan, and assist in the development of the plant’s long-range plan; develop year-to-year cost change analysis and present to Westport site management.
• Drive a Continuous Improvement culture within the Finance Group and the site
For this role, you will have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with MBA and/or ACA/ACCA/CPA/CMA preferred with 7-10 years relevant experience
• 2 + years people leadership experience recommended for success in this role
• Demonstrated problem solving and analysis within a broad framework of AbbVie’s financial policies (CFMs), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Preferred: Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process with solid understanding of automated accounting systems such as TM1, desktop productivity and mainframe accounting applications
So, are you ready now to be part of this committed and diverse Finance team? join AbbVie today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced