Ready to make a global impact? We offer that
Investment in your leadership career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting an Engineering & Technology Associate Director to join our diverse team onsite in Westport, Co. Mayo. In this role you will be responsible for the planning, supervision and control of the Engineering & Maintenance activities and all aspects of equipment performance around the manufacturing of all products on site.
Reporting to our site Engineering Director, you will ensure that customer requirements, FDA, HPRA, EPA and safety standards are met within budget parameters. This will be achieved by effectively mobilizing, engaging and deploying the maintenance team members, and will involve active communication and engagement with many stakeholders (i.e. Biologics, E&T, QA, R&D, Vendors, Contractors, etc.) to achieve the business unit goals
Intrigued? So let’s tell you a little more about this role…just a snapshot
- You will lead, coach, mentor and develop a high performing team, building their capabilities and helping them advance their technical aptitude
- Utilization of the maintenance, process and reliability engineering teams across site to maximize equipment up times and ensure equipment perform within expectations
- Develop, manage, track, monitor and improve the MEP performance for the area.
- Drive continuous improvement and process efficiency programs i.e. Reliability Centered Maintenance, Reliability engineering, and productivity/ output for the area.
- Manage external vendors and services for equipment and technology in the business unit
- Provide technical support to all aspects of analytical activities, in accordance with site SOPs and multiple product controls
- Ensure that the technology and technical activities in the business units are effectively managed and supported.
- Liaise with the relevant Business Support representative to ensure that continued and uninterrupted process is maintained.
- Provide technical guidance, direction and support to site
So does this role sound exciting? then read on...
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Education and Experience:
• 3rd level degree in engineering or similar discipline with 5 + years industry experience
• 2 years experience of people management preferred
• Comprehensive working knowledge of a Biopharmaceutical / Pharma/Medical Devices operation
• Experience in Maintenance Excellence Program / Reliability Engineering preferred
• Excellent people management and conflict handling skills
• Clean room experience required; biologics equipment expertise preferred
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.