AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manufacturing Technician (12 hour rotational)
People. Passion. Possibilities.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
PLEASE NOTE: The following role is a 12 hour monthly rotational shift pattern, covering days and nights.
We are now recruiting for Manufacturing Technicians to join our diverse Biologics team in Westport, on a fixed-term contract basis. As our newest technician, you will ensure the highest quality and safety compliance standards while gaining exposure to new and advanced technology in our quality assurance systems. You will also ensure the continued success of our business unit by taking ownership of duties such as compounding, filling and capping of an aseptic product, preparing autoclave loads, testing filters, preparing components, documenting batch related activities, housekeeping and environmental monitoring.
So, are you ready to join the AbbVie team in Westport as our new Manufacturing Technician? Then read on…
Your Key Activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Carry out daily tasks as assigned by the Production Manager according to GMP and the quality system
• Perform activities associated with the compounding, filling and capping of an aseptic process.
• Prepare components and equipment for processing into a Grade A environment.
• Accurately completing documentation on time, accurately and legibly.
• Keeping the Manufacturing area tidy and clean.
• Review and update documentation as requested by the Production Manager
• Participating in root cause analysis and problem-solving.
• Completing compliant investigations and environmental excursions.
• Adhering to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
• Follow gowning procedures on entry to areas
• Report any machine issues to the Production Manager and the maintenance department.
• Set-up, clean and maintain equipment
• Transfer of waste material out of the cleanroom areas
• Perform environmental monitoring
• Participate in media runs
• Adhere to and support all EHS & E standards, procedures, and policies.
Education and Experience:
• BSc or related Level 8 Degree as a minimum
• Knowledge of working within a cGMP environment.
• Experience working with SAP within a similar industry is preferable.
• Strong communication, documentation, and IT skills.
• Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding organization, flexibility, and time management skills
• High attention to detail and methodical in approach
• 2-3 Years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably Aseptic/Sterile Manufacturing.
• Ability to build strong relationships and work within cross-functional teams.
• Adaptability to work in a fast, dynamic environment whilst adjusting readily to meet unexpected constraints.
• Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure, deliver results, and overcome obstacles.
• Team player who can collaborate with others to achieve organisational targets and goals.
So, does this all sound like the right role for you?
Then apply now and join AbbVie today!
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.