This role delivers tailored educational support for HCPs in a safe and supportive environment, offering support rather than influence over the HCPs clinical judgment. They act as a facilitator on facial assessment, AMI initiatives, injection procedures and patient consultations, supporting the HCP in safe and effective decision making.
Some domestic and international travel to be expected in this role.
key duties & responsibilities
- Deliver clinical facilitations, as developed by the Allergan Advisory Board, Allergan Medical Institute at clinical sessions, workshops and conferences
- Work with Clinical Specialists Manager to determine clinical needs and provide facilitations.
- Formulate clinical development plans for the injectors to be communicated and reviewed with the Clinical Specialists Manager.
- Work with Account Managers during in house facilitation events to develop their expertise in how to coach injectors in patient consultation skills.
- Maintain a high level of service through reliable and timely follow-up after any interaction with injectors and Allergan medical trainers.
- Input and maintain VEEVA data as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences and Allergan Medical Institute meetings to engage with injectors, develop and upskill yourself.
- Collaborate with the Account Managers to ensure the injectors have the right level of facilitation delivered by the Clinical Specialist.
- Lead and provide facilitation at specified development needs at boot camps in line with bespoke facilitation programs for injectors.
- Set up Allergan clinical facilitation events, model selection, trainers, presentation, facilitation and work with the Clinical Training & Events Manager and Medical Education Manager.
- Maintain high level of therapeutic knowledge of Allergan products and anatomy through our internal 6 monthly certification program.
- Guide injector self directed learning through the AMI digital platform based on competency level of injector.
- Ensure all injectors receiving facilitation have an active Individual Development Plan in VEEVA
- Adhere to the Allergan SOP on facilitation stock and sample management.
- Report any adverse event within 24 hours as per Allergan’s policies and procedures.
- Support Allergan’s Quality Management System and internal auditing processes.
- Ensure commitment to regulatory compliance by attending training and adhering to Allergan’s policies and procedures.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Proactively participate in Allergan’s WHS programs, adhere to policies and promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Adhere to Allergan’s internal codes of conduct and compliance processes.
- Other ad hoc duties such as administrative duties, as requested.
- Essential - successful completion of Bachelor of Nursing (RN) and/or tertiary qualifications in a Health Science discipline.
- Current first aid certificate.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a sales or clinical specialist role within the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry.
- Ability to guide a group to acquire skills, make decisions or complete tasks by facilitating group communication, using interpersonal skills and influence strategies to build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a facilitator on facial assessment, AMI initiatives, injection procedures and patient consultations, supporting the HCP in safe and effective decision making.
- Work co-operatively with others to accomplish group goals through communicating clearly, sharing information, involving team members in decisions and demonstrating commitment to the team.
- Ensure you keep up with developments in your area of expertise including facial anatomy, market developments and injector techniques.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, VEEVA and Salesforce.com
- Approximately 80% of time will be spent in the field
- Ability to travel – approximately 50% of time will include travel across Australia or New Zealand.
Stakeholder Management – Understands the wider healthcare environment and builds, develops and manages long term external partnerships with key stakeholders by positioning Allergan as a thought partner through leveraging market knowledge, experience, innovation and insight.
Therapeutic Area Expertise - Possesses expert knowledge of designated therapeutic area, including key issues, competitive landscape, and product portfolio
Training Techniques and Delivery - Applies innovative training techniques and optimal delivery method(s) to maximize information retention. Designs, delivers, and advises on skills-based learning methodologies and tools
Scientific Communication - Communicates fair and balanced medical and technical data effectively across stakeholders (including presenters, doctors, injectors, business partners, vendors, and internal audiences)
Problem Solving & Decision Making - Identifies problems and recognises the root cause by considering a broad range of issues and factors. Recognizes symptoms and gathers relevant information systematically. Uses sound judgements and analytical skills to determine reasonable and effective solutions. Applies knowledge and experience to make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty and time pressure.
the allergan commitment
Doing What is Right – Never jeopardize patient safety, product quality or compliance; always act with integrity
Ways We Work
All For One Abbvie; We weigh all decisions against the common good. We inspire, share and create as a team. We solve problems for all rather than serving our immediate team.
Decide Smart & Sure; We make intelligent decisions to create the best outcomes. We act quickly, embrace experimentation, and learn what doesn’t work and get on to what does.
Agile & Accountable; We streamline and eliminate unnecessary obstacles. We plan but adapt as we go. We delegate and make tough decisions to ensure focus on results, staying keenly aware of the urgency in all we do.
Clear & Courageous; Open, honest, candid dialogue is core to our work and how we act with each other. We share information freely and continuously to find solutions. We admit mistakes. We grow stronger by putting the courage of our conviction to the test.
Make Possibilities Real;We question with endless curiosity. We’re never satisfied with good enough—patients depend on us to deliver more. We challenge ourselves to find creative, constructive solutions to turn possibilities into reality.
Clinical Lead/ Clinical Specialist Manager
Medical Education Manager
Regional Sales Managers
Medical and Scientific