AbbVie is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies. It specializes in innovative treatments in five key therapeutic areas. Immunology, oncology, neuroscience, virology, and eyecare. Thanks to the integration of Allergan, AbbVie is also active in aesthetic medicine. AbbVie is characterized by one ambition: to develop treatments that have a remarkable impact on patients' lives. AbbVie is also driven by a strong culture that focuses on ethics and excellence and the well-being of its employees.
At AbbVie, our mission is to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives. Our oncology story began with a focus on attacking an “unhittable” cancer target.
We are committed to transforming standards of care in the treatment and management of multiple blood cancers. Together, we harness our pioneering spirit, the focus and expertise of our team and partners, and cutting-edge resources to accelerate the delivery of advancements across a range of cancers to patients and health care providers.
Interested in joining our world and contribute to the development of AbbVie Journey in Oncology?
Product Specialist Oncology/Hematology – North
- Execute our brand strategy and tactics in field – in strong collaboration with the In-Field Team. Feed the Brand Team with relevant insights to support and loop back on strategy definition. Ensure optimal reach-out in field via a multi-channel approach
- Be responsible and accountable for sales performance via an effectively territory management and account-by-account approach. Use a dedicated challenger approach to have impactful scientific discussions with your stakeholders
- Build strong customer relationships and understand customer needs - placing the patient into the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs and financial targets in order to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Create pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges in order to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers in order to maximize access and sales opportunities, leveraging optimally all communication channels, including digital ones.
- Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Ensure accurate planning and reporting of calls, appointments and meetings in CRM system. Take the lead for collection of administrative documents for HCP's contracts, and provide full documentation to assistants in line with OEC & AbbVie guidelines.
- Play an active and constructive role within IFT, ensure optimal collaboration with MSL to build and implement the Account Plans. Collect and share market insights with IFT colleagues and feed Brand Team
- Best in class compliance: ensure compliance to all applicable rules & procedures related to OEC, Finance, BTS, Purchasing, Material Review, Pharmacovigilance,… Make sure to understand all rules applicable to your function, ensure timely completion on all assigned training, plan activities sufficiently in advance to allow sufficient time for all required steps, pro-actively reach out and discuss in case of (potential) issues, act as an ambassador of compliance.
- Master's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences and a recent experience in oncology and/or hematology
- Proven track record of success in selling and solid presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong digital skills – use of CRM tool, remote engagement, digital communication channel tool
- Proactively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach
- Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas preferred
- Dutch native and fluent in English
Competencies Ways we Work
- All4OneAbbvie - Interpersonal Savvy
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Decide Smart&Sure - Dealing With Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Agile&Accountable - Managing Vision and Purpose
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Clear&Courageous - Managerial Courage
Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Make Possibilities Real – Planning
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.