AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Packaging Operator III - MA Packaging $18/hour (7am - 7:30pm)
Manage production lines to meet the established production schedule in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP’s) while monitoring product to ensure quality standards are maintained.
Shift: Thursday - Saturday & every other Wednesday
Hours: 7:00am - 7:30pm CT
- Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner.
- Apply 5S and cGMPs in all areas of responsibility.
- Operate high-speed equipment for the manual or automated assembly, filling, packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products: ensuring adherence to specifications.
- Perform tasks that may be verified by an independent individual; or perform inspection/verifications of work performed by others.
- Clean packaging rooms and machinery in accordance with SOPs and cGMPs.
- Conduct Set-Ups, in-process actions, data entry, and other computer-related tasks.
- Complete batch records accurately and documents production volumes in accordance with SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Accept or reject products according to acceptability standards determined by cGMP’s, customer requirements, and SOP’s.
- Complete Line Clearances and Change Overs on production lines in accordance with SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Conduct in-process inspections and reconcile incoming and completed components and products to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent with one year of manufacturing experience.
- One (1) year related work experience, preferably in a high-speed production or manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Ability to work in a controlled environment and comply with gowning requirements such as: hairnets, beard covers, safety shoes, googles and/or safety glasses.
- Ability to interpret work instructions and standards of work independently.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
- Effective and efficient operation of manual and automated production equipment.
- Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation