AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manufacturing Technician I, MD Fill, 2nd Shift $20.90/hour (2pm - 10:30pm) *
Perform production line duties required to meet production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. Operate production equipment and complete documentation in accordance with cGMP’s and department SOP’s while monitoring product to ensure quality standards are maintained.
This position is responsible for one or more of the following duties or activities (See individual department areas in this document for specific accountabilities):
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety training.
- Perform tasks in the production / packaging of product to provide on-time delivery to customers.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with basic mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Perform set-up and changeovers on production / packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the production and / or packaging of product.
- Assist daily production in operating and monitoring technical computerized, production machinery ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
- Effective and efficient operation of manual and automated production equipment.
- Provide guidance and training as required.
- Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
*Compensation amount listed in job title includes 10% Shift Differential for 2nd Shift. Base pay is $19/hour
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation