Perform Maintenance duties required to support production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. Diagnose production and/or packaging equipment to determine repair needs. Perform repairs in a timely manner and complete all required documentation in accordance with cGMPs and department SOP’s. Maintain equipment functionality through the preventative maintenance program.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
• Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
• Performs all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
• Remains current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
• Completes and remains current with all required cGMP and safety training.
• Performs maintenance and repairs of production / packaging equipment to support the on-time delivery to customers, with a minimum amount of downtime.
• Assist with set-up and changeovers of production / packaging equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
• Completes all required documentation associated with the repair and maintenance of production and / or packaging equipment.
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced mechanics to ensure PM’s, line set-up and changeovers are performed within established requirements.
• Two-year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Systems, Instrumentation, Electrical Systems, Electronics or similar field with a minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience in industrial maintenance performing mechanical/electrical repairs preferred.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent with 3 – 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance performing mechanical/electrical repairs will also be considered.
• Mastery in Electrical & Mechanical troubleshooting.
• Proficiency in Maintenance Methods.
• Proficiency with multiple types of industrial manufacturing equipment.
• Experience working in a cGMP or FDA regulated environment.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
• Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
• Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
• Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
• Knowledge of manual and automated production / packaging equipment.
• Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
• Ability to apply troubleshooting principles with industrial equipment.
• Working knowledge of Filling/Packaging equipment.
• Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read Electrical and Mechanical manuals and schematics.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced