AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equipment Technician II - Set Up Attendant, UD Fill B1 Shift (7am - 7pm)
Responsible for the preparation and/or operation of various components, materials, equipment, machines including, but not limited to any and/or all applicable components, materials, equipment, machines in the assigned area(s). Performs all tasks in accordance with GMP’s and department SOP’s, to maintain product integrity and quality standards.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Perform tasks in the production/packaging of product to provide on-time delivery to customers.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians with basic mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Perform set-up and changeovers on production / packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the production and / or packaging of product.
- Assist daily production in operating and monitoring technical, computerized, production machinery, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirements for this position are:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Two (2) years of experience working with high speed production lines and mechanical experience preferred.
Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to gown aseptically and retain certification.
- Ability to comprehend and implement good housekeeping procedures.
- Ability to work in a confined and controlled environment.
- Ability to do basic mechanical set-ups, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Ability to understand and follow machine operation manuals.
- Fast learner and the ability to teach and transfer knowledge to others.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation