At AbbVie we are a company that takes on the world’s toughest health challenges. We do more than treat disease with breakthrough medicines—we aim to make a remarkable impact on people’s lives. We are a highly focused, research-driven biopharmaceutical company with over 45,000 passionate, collaborative employees around the world dedicated to scientific discovery and innovation, operational excellence, safety, and patient support.
As a Study Feasibility Director, you will be part of AbbVie’s Clinical Development Operations (CDO) function, which is responsible for running clinical trial operations around the world.
In this role you will partner with and advise study teams on design feasibility and certain aspects of design strategy, including country and site selection, protocol review and assessment of patient burden, and related implications for patient recruitment and study timelines. This is a highly collaborative and analytical role, which will rely on your expert facilitation skills, your ability to influence without authority, and your strong experience in clinical study design, operations, and management.
- Leads cross-functional clinical study team interactions to assess overall design and operational feasibility.
- Conducts detailed scientific, analytical, and operational analyses to prepare for and support study team engagements.
- Provides scientific and strategic consultation on country strategy, site selection, protocol and patient burden, recruitment, and timelines.
- Designs, prepares, and runs cross-functional meetings and forums to be effective and for clear outcomes.
- Identifies and analyzes important connections within and across therapeutic areas to optimize study performance at the portfolio level.
- Leads and manages organizational change workstreams.
- Develop study level feasibility tools and processes.
- Strategic, agile thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Confident presence and strong communications
- Extensive cross-functional facilitation experience
- Leading through influence
- Natural collaboration
- Detail and analytic orientation
Background & Education:
• Minimum of:
- 12 years of pharmaceutical related experience
- 8 years in clinical research/project leadership
- 4 years in a managerial role
- Drug development and/or scientific project leadership experience preferred
- Therapeutic area background in Oncology, Neurology, or Immunology preferred
- Strong working knowledge of pharma drug development processes
- Recognized leader in complex scientific analyses and decision making
- Demonstrated leadership skills with broad scientific, strategic, and business orientations
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced