AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sr. Manager, Statistical Programming
- Supervise statistical programming group ; accountable for review and validation of all programmed results ;monitor and quantify efficiency' accuracy, and timeliness of group ; recruit, train, and orient all new hires;review project timelines and plans; accountable for development (technical and interpersonal skills ) of individual within the group; review project time lines and plans; provide headcount forecast for projects.
- Manage all the programmers in the statistical programming department.
- Ensure technology updates occur as needed
- Guide programmers when they need assistance in programming.
- Train and teach efficient programming techniques to programmers.
- Provide programming support to analyze clinical data and generate reports and graphs on all AbbVie drugs in the clinical phase.
- Hire consultant programmers to meet short -term needs of additional programming resources.
- Ensure expenses for consultant programmers do not exceed the budget limitations.
- Works with Director of Statistical Computing to establish and ensure adherence with programming and output standards and utilization of systems and processes to maximize efficiency of the statistical programming function
- Senior Manager, Statistical Programming only and years of experience for the Sr Mgr level: B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in statistics, computer science, mathematics or a related field, required 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry generating analysis , reports and graphs for individual studies and ISS, ISE, NDA submissions to FDA. Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience Excellent programming skills especially in SAS Excellent problem solving, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.Working knowledge of current regulatory requirements and guidancedemonstrated ability to debug SAS programs and assist programmers
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Minimum Salary $110,500
Maximum Salary $216,000
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation