AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Specialty Representative, Metabolic: "Tri-Cities", Tennessee
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Create pre-call plan objectives and execute post-call evaluation to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to maximize access and sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie’s value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop, and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates to maximize brand performance.
This is a remote, field-based opportunity that will cover the following geography: Tri-Cities (Kingsport; Johnson City; Bristol) down to Knoxville, Tennessee. The headquarters city for this role is negotiable, as a home base within the territory other than the Tri-Cities region can be considered.”
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Proven track record of success in selling and solid presentation skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and is recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders. Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Proactively identifies customer style / behavior and quickly adapts to all aspects of selling approach. Understands and leverages findings to develop sales strategies.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges.
- Provides impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes.
- Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc.
- Leads by example; Consistently displays positive behaviors and peer coaching through changing and challenging environments.
- Documented success in leadership and support role of increased responsibility at the district, region and/or organizational levels.
- Preferred: Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas. Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account-based selling, training, managed health care or marketing preferred. English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries).
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation