AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Manager, Statistical Programming
Proposed Job Title: Senior Manager of Statistical Programming
The Senior Manager of Statistical Programming is a leadership role which manages a team of statistical programmers in the research and development of new pharmaceutical products. The Senior Manager of Statistical Programming is responsible for leading the statistical programming activities for one or more compounds/indications or a therapeutic area. This role must effectively interface with Statistics, Data Sciences, Medical Writing, Regulatory Publishing and Clinical Operations.
- Leads the statistical programming activities for one or more compounds/indications or a therapeutic area.
- Manages a team of statistical programmers and the resource planning for their assigned projects.
- Ensures timely deliverables, that all quality processes are followed and consistency within the projects.
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of ADaM data sets following CDISC standards.
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of Tables, Listings and Figures.
- Ensures consistency of ADaM data sets for individual studies and integrated data.
- Creates documentation for regulatory filings including reviewers guides and data definition documents.
- Leads the development of standard SAS Macros and the development of standard operating procedures.
- Manages, mentors and creates career development plans for assigned staff.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 9+ years of relevant experience. OR BS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 11+ years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading a team of statistical programmers.
- In-depth understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques related to drug development.
- In-depth understanding of CDISC Standards.
- In-depth understanding of the drug development process, including experience with regulatory filings.
- Ability to communicate clearly both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively represent the Statistical Programming Organization in cross functional teams.
- Ability to accurately estimate effort required for project related programming activities.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Minimum Salary $110,500
Maximum Salary $216,000
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation