AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Principal Data Engineer - Information Security Strategy and Intelligence
Principal Data Engineer, Information Security Strategy and Intelligence
AbbVie is seeking a Data Engineer for an exciting opportunity to design, build out, and maintain a metrics platform for our Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) team. This role will be responsible for automating the ingestion, normalization, and aggregation of disparate data sources on a platform that provides consumable metrics, self-service reporting, and visualizations to reduce risk and drive change within the organization.
- Build, maintain, and mature ISRM’s metrics platform technology stack ensuring consistent and timely collection and presentation of key ISRM metrics for our customers.
- Work closely with data source owners and customers to ingest, standardize, analyze, and summarize quantitative and qualitative data as part of the metrics and quarterly business review programs.
- Partner with internal and external business partners to identify data sources, create repeatable data collection processes, ensure consistent data quality, and build dashboards and reports.
- Analyze data to identify opportunities to improve, security performance and risk posture; partner with the appropriate teams to help them understand how the data can drive improvements.
- Maintain a catalog of security data, reports and dashboards that can be tailored for audience (Board, Business Executives, CISO, technical, operational) and frequency to support scheduled and ad-hoc requests.
- Support the data needs of the quarterly business review process bringing relevant cybersecurity performance metrics to internal business teams.
- Assist with the development of a data-driven ISRM strategy by supporting efforts to assess cybersecurity maturity, incorporate threat intelligence, and employ relevant metric data.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of combined experience in information technology, information security, and risk management disciplines.
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant technical role such as security architecture, security engineering, software development, or business intelligence.
- Working knowledge of typical corporate security teams, their departments, and core services.
- Adept at Python programming with an emphasis on data manipulation and analysis.
- Experience using data visualization techniques to clearly communicate information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience building and managing solutions to measure and improve performance and processes.
- Experience with deep diving into data to determine fields and records/activities of value to maximize the efficient and effective use of source data.
- Experience with Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes.
- Experience with AWS storage, processing, and analysis services such as S3, Glue, and Athena.
- Experience developing dashboards in PowerBI or a similar business intelligence tool.
- Advanced relational database experience including the ability to design and maintain SQL databases.
- Advanced experience managing data connectors, feeds, and APIs from systems that provide metrics data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor communications to various levels of management.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation