AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager Statistical Programming
- Independently translate and implement algorithms and protocols in a high performance computing environment. Apply bioinformatics algorithms and prepare reports of results in a reproducible manner. Provide statistical programming support for multiple clinical projects or therapeutic areas & performance management for statistical programmers.
- Optimize existing pipelines and workflows, as well as help establish new pipelines and workflows. Retrieve and organize complex data types and structures as needed. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Ensure internal consistency of output and assess consistency with other activities for the project, as applicable. Leads effort to determine project standards related to output design and statistical programming conventions and independently ensure they are appropriate to support project objectives
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory guidance and industry best practices to formulate proposals for new functional standards; the accuracy of SAS programs by reviewing output, reviewing code, reviewing log files and running all checking utilities; determining the scope of the peer review and for ensuring peer review has been completed for all activities for the assigned projects
- Ensure all SAS programs are imported into the archive system prior to the creation of final output; all programs are formally archived after the completion of the regulated activity; clarity, accuracy and consistency of case report forms (CRFs), database definitions, and specifications for analysis data sets for individual studies
- Develop database checks for routine and non-routine situations. Design and develop various software and systems to effectively generalize programming effort across projects.
- Participate in the development of standard data quality assurance tools
- Responsible for the creation and accuracy of derivation programs for routine and non-routine situations, submission data sets and analysis programs, and data definition documents and TOCs; ensuring peer review has been completed for all derivation programs for assigned projects; monitoring regulatory guidance and industry best practices to formulate proposals for new functional standards for submission data sets & programs.
- Responsible for formulating proposals for new utilities, as well as, presenting information on existing utilities and identifying opportunities for productivity improvements and formulating implementation plans
- Provide accurate and timely responses to routine requests from clients. Guide clients on possible options for deliverables for non-routine requests. Responsible for developing and maintaining good client relationships. Ensures that self and staff are compliant with training requirements. Effectively mentor statistical programming and non-statistical programming peers with regard to functional operations.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or related field, with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience. MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience or BS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience
- High degree of technical competency and strong communication ability, as well as fluency in 2 or more or relevant programming languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, or C++. Competent in SAS programming and Macro development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Linux environment and high performance distributed computing with system administration experience is desired.
- Experience handling and managing data/software associated with high-throughput instruments for genetics and/or genomics. SAS Macros expertise. GPU programming skills. Experience with cloud computing, version control, and Docker or similar technologies
- Experience with SQL or other languages used for managing relational databasesFluency with genomic databases (such as those relating to genome annotation, genetic variants, public data repositories).
- Pharmaceutical experience with clinical trials, including familiarity with expectations of regulatory agencies, especially FDA and EMEA. NDA/BLA or other regulatory filing experience, including ISS or ISE experience
- Thorough understanding of ICH Guidelines and relevant regulatory requirementsProject lead experience required. Management experience not required. Strong communication skills in a collaborative environment
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced
Minimum Salary $96,000
Maximum Salary $188,000
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation