Working in partnership with the field and HQ medical leadership and integrated brand teams, the Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director of Migraine Medical Portfolio Strategy, will bring migraine scientific expertise to help lead the development and execution of portfolio strategies and tactics across the migraine brands to ensure an overarching integrated medical portfolio strategy. The Associate Medical Director/Scientific Director will be a key contributor to ensure migraine portfolio goals are achieved.
The Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director leads, supports, and/or provides scientific oversight of cross functional portfolio initiatives to develop comprehensive and aligned medical communications and tactical strategies. The Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director will also work closely with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to build capabilities and outreach with external customers inclusive of medical organizations, patient advocacy groups, thought leaders, and the HCP community to develop positive relationships, build a cross-discipline panel of expertise, and develop new ways to underpin AbbVie’s commitment to the Migraine Community.
Internally, the Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director will foster positive working relationships and will be highly collaborative with cross-functional teams including the product focused scientific directors, marketing leads, market access, health economics and outcomes research, clinical development, regulatory, compliance colleagues and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director works with various vendor partners, consultants and HCPs to successfully develop and execute relevant strategic initiatives including disease state education and key cross-franchise evidence generation within the TA. The Associate Medical Director/ Scientific Director must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, while building a collaborative, integrated approach across the portfolio.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to development of, and leads execution of medical education tactics, advisory boards, and thought leader engagement plan in line with portfolio strategies and tactics.
- Contributes to strategy and leads execution of scientific evidence generation supporting portfolio initiatives.
- Contributes to development and leads the execution of aligned field medical communication plans across the portfolio.
- Leads US conference planning and execution.
- Leads journal clubs and internal trainings to ensure migraine expertise across the organization
- Responsible for managing budget for assigned projects (including consulting and vendor management) as well as ensuring necessary processes, SOPs, and compliance steps are followed.
- Provides subject matter expertise on competitive landscape and TA trends.
- If appropriate, Medical monitoring for phase IV studies
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree or equivalent (D.O. or non-US equivalent of M.D. meet requirements) with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is preferred.
- National license to practice medicine with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment. Academic qualification (Dr med or equal) is strongly preferred. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is preferred.
- Minimal clinical trial or medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry or academia or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of protocols preferred.
- May possibly have performed protocol design in the academic environment or in the pharmaceutical industry and/or acted as an assistant PI or PI.
- Interactions normally require the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ex-Us: At least one further major international language is preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced