The Training Specialist or Senior Specialist role is part of the Business Excellence department in country. The role is responsible for building the knowledge and capabilities of the Allergan Aesthetics organization through the successful development/delivery of brand, and customer engagement
Key responsibilities for:
- Facial brands (Juvederm and Botox) and Breast Implant (Natrelle)
- Come up with the reasonable and effective training program/ training contents based on the understanding of strengths and gaps in the field force
- Successful implementation of international training curricula, learner journeys, programs and materials, where relevant
- Delivery of brand knowledge training in collaboration with Marketing and Medical colleagues
- Delivery of sales force skill training programs with subject matter experts where appropriate
- Support and embedment of Key Account Management across Allergan Aesthetics
- Design and development of curricula, programs and materials where there are needs, with no aligned international solutions. Working with vendors where relevant
- Agrees the business desired outcome from training with stakeholders, as well as methods to measure and evaluate the success of training. Working closely with leaders to ensure strong follow up to programs to drive a successful outcome
- Driving change in the organization through successfully implementing new training strategies, concepts and initiatives
- Working closely with Allergan Medical Institutes (AMI), Medical Affairs and Regulatory to ensure efficient and thorough approval of all brand materials
- Runs specific knowledge and skills assessments throughout the year to continually measure the capabilities within the organization. Develops specific follow up plans with leaders.
Supervisory responsibility: (if applicable)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Describe scope:
% of Time or
Design and development of programs and materials
Delivery of training programs
Cross function coordinate
job QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIenCE:
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Education and Experience
- At least 3 years of working in a training position in any industries or at least 5 years’ experience in commercial roles such as sales representative or sales manager in Pharmaceutical/medical device industry
- Excellent Training delivery skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of training/learning methodologies, content development and delivery approaches.
- Emotional intelligence and impactful engagement at multiple organization levels
- Excellent knowledge of compliance in the pharma / medical device industry
- IT literacy with experience of CRM and remote training platforms
- Working in a matrix organization
- Demonstrates strong influencing and negotiating skills
Preferable education and experience
- Basic English writing/ speaking skill
- Experience in Medical Aesthetics or equivalent
Required Allergan Aesthetics behaviors
- Agile & Accountability: Drive, high energy and ability to work under pressure and deliver programs to completion in the required time frame
- Make possibility real; Uses initiative knowing when to consult/inform; sets high professional standards. Agrees with stakeholders required results and how these will be evaluated. Follows up on programs and feeds back to stakeholder the results vs desired outcomes of their programs.
- Clear & Courageous: Seizes opportunity to develop strong working relationships with cross functional teams, demonstrating leadership qualities and strong interpersonal, motivational and influencing skills. Enthusiastic and maximizes potential to make an impact. Team player who relates well to colleagues. Acts as a Consultant to the business
- Decision smart & sure: Demonstrates innovation to develop engaging training programs
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced