We're looking for talented, experienced paid media managers to join the team. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of hands-on experience managing all types of paid media campaigns, including paid search, paid social, display, media tie-ups and retargeting. The candidate should have strong communication, organizational and time-management skills. The paid media manager will work closely with and report to the digital/multi-channel manager to manage the paid media agencies and will also lead the overarching paid media strategy for internal clients.
Key Duties And Responsibilities :
- Act / serve as a Paid Media subject matter expert
- Develop, execute, manage, and report on paid media strategies that support brand goals
- Lead strategic planning sessions and meetings with internal stakes holders and agencies
- Review deliverables and provide feedback to other team members
- Assist in new business efforts and marketing campaigns
- Help create and execute educational initiatives for team such as developing internal resources and training sessions
- Stay on top of new and emerging industry trends, technologies, and platform advancements
- Work with local vendors and global partners
- Help develop integrated digital marketing strategies in collaboration with other departments and media agencies
- Media budget management
- Run periodical review and evaluation of media agency performance
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years experience in paid media
- Experience managing large budgets and campaigns across multiple digital advertising channels including paid search, paid social, display, retargeting, video, etc.
- A deep understanding of digital marketing tactics across channels including SEO, social, email, PR etc.
- Experience with programmatic platforms and media buys
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager experience
- Working knowledge of bid management
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- English skills(read & write – must, speaking - optional)
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced