Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to AbbVie initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by AbbVie. Works closely with other AbbVie personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met.
Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all AbbVie internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
This is a field-based role. Candidates can live anywhere with access to a major airport within the following territory of responsibility: Texas (TX; AR; LA; MS; Mobile, AL; Memphis, TN).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on AbbVie products.
- Upon request, present data on AbbVie products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
- Support research initiatives as requested by AbbVie R&D, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs Departments.
- Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned AbbVie therapeutic areas for development of disease-state and product communications and materials that are medically accurate, balanced, and consistent with regulatory guidelines.
- Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of scientific and clinical data.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
- May provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree with health science background (Pharm.D, M.D., Ph.D, preferred)
- Preferred minimum 3-year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc) and minimum 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
- Experience in neuroscience preferred
- At least 2 years MSL experience required
- Essential Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
- Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information
- Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure
- Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment
- Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Strong team and leadership skills
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced