- The Company
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health
issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology,
women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics
portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at AbbVie within the Medical Affairs as Medical Advisor. Reporting to the
Taiwan Medical Director, you will be responsible for providing high level scientific and clinical support to
external and internal customers, establishing and developing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
across the broad spectrum of products within this therapeutic area as well as in emerging indications. In
particularly, being the TA expert to provide product related & clinically relevant input for new assets in
development as well as supporting in new product introduction team to access launch opportunity.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide in-depth scientific information on Hema-oncology product data to HCPs upon request.
• Deliver lectures/presentations on clinical and scientific topics, ensuring compliance approval.
• Organize and deliver advisory board meetings with appropriate HCPs to stimulate scientific exchange
with HCPs and gather business-relevant information
• Assist in the organization and scientific support of key external events e.g. satellite symposia etc.
• Organize and participate in external education and training events as appropriate.
• Facilitate development of Investigator initiated studies proposals in line with AbbVie Strategy.
• Facilitate and support publication of clinical data in line with AbbVie Strategy.
• Facilitate other research activities e.g. collection of real world evidence
• Establish and maintain relationships with KOLs across the therapeutic areas.
• Identify and develop new KOLs in line with AbbVie strategy.
• Attend appropriate scientific congresses to interact with KOLs and develop knowledge regarding the
wider therapy area and competitor information.
• Collaborate with and involve selected KOLs in strategic advisory board meetings.
• Develop KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information and involvement in
appropriate medical affairs activities.
• Develop and maintain high level of knowledge regarding therapy area and Hema-oncology products
including awareness of the competitive landscape.
• Support the business unit by attending and contributing to national leadership meetings and working
• Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in
order to spread and enhance scientific exchange.
• Organize clinical and scientific education as well as in-house training for Eyecare sales reps and other
appropriate staff as required.
• Develop country medical affairs plans in alignment with SMP commercial plans
• Develop launch readiness plan for new assets in Hema-oncology.
• Participated in new product introduction meeting to support CFT with product related info and clinical
landscape in relevant disease area.
• Contribute to scientific dossiers and reports where appropriate.
• Support in medical review for mature products under specialty TA such as Sevo.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced degree (e.g. MD, PharmD., PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline (Hema-Oncology, Oncology) is
• Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs at least 2 years is
required; experience with people management is preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with international and local opinion leaders.
• Excellent work ethics
• Able to understand and communicate clinical and scientific data.
• Ability to conduct clear and concise scientific discussions at a high level.
• Able to interact professionally and skillfully at all levels.
• Clear strategic thinker; able to rapidly gain an understanding of the business and its competitive
environment, with the ability to translate vision into action.
• The ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural and matrix structure.
• Goal and results orientated.
• Drive, high energy, maturity, ability to work under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines and in a
rapidly changing environment.
• Self-confident. Committed. Entrepreneurial and creative. Able to decide “right and fast” based on the
data analysis and own experience.
• Ability to work autonomously and also a good team player.
• Strong personal management and organizational skills including time management, workload
prioritization, responsiveness, multi-tasking and flexibility.
• Flexibility and ability to travel frequently.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced