The Population Health Account Executive (PHAE) serves as executive liaison between AbbVie and key IDN/health systems, group practices and other accounts within the healthcare ecosystem while also leading alignment and best practices across multiple geographies through account and sales strategies that may include but are not limited to the following
Key Responsibilities include:
- The PHAE has a broad range of responsibilities including engaging customers to implement population health programs that align with account’s business needs and integration of market access strategies to result in improved patient care in various diseases. PHAEs will act as quarterback across AbbVie franchises for their target accounts focusing on key health care leaders. The PHAEs are responsible for establishing key business relationships internally as well as being a representative of AbbVie externally, enhancing the image of AbbVie as a healthcare industry leader in bringing patient care solutions to entire populations. Key customer stakeholders include, but are not limited to, Medical, Specialty, Quality, Leadership, and Health Information Technology decision makers. PHAEs report into a Regional Director and have responsibility for effectively managing program and project budgets.
- On average, a PHAE covers a geography that includes 20-30 targeted IDN/Health Systems/Specialty Group Practices and is accountable for supporting colleagues across market access and franchise teams to define practices and programs that drive improved population health in areas of interest to AbbVie.
- Performs all aspects of total account management, including developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with corporate/senior management staff and establishing multi-level relationships with targeted accounts as well as broader geographic stakeholders (area and country-wide) with the intent to improve patient population standards of care. Leverages customer relationships across a broad foundation of accounts and stakeholder groups to benefit other cross-divisional franchise partners.
- Demonstrates disease state knowledge across a portfolio, population health opportunities in identified disease states, and a thorough understanding of customer’s unique capabilities to implement population health initiatives.
- Identifies and understands healthcare landscape changes, current and emerging business channels, trends, and policies and their impact on the business, and uses information to build strategic account plans with clear objectives across AbbVie for targeted accounts. Communicates to appropriate peers, monitors progress, and provides routine communications to all stakeholders.
- Collaborates and communicates with all relevant internal stakeholders, including participation in local account reviews, alignment of efforts, and innovative approaches to achieving business objectives
- Acts as a subject matter expert to all internal/external customers beyond the scope of assigned geography, including sharing knowledge and best practices, including formal (task team) and informal means.
- Proactively identifies new business opportunities, enhancements/adaptation of current initiatives, and solutions that has benefit beyond the geography regional and potentially national impact. Partners across channels and franchises.
- Ensure all activity is ethical and compliant.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders within a geography/territory.
- Demonstrated selling skills, especially navigating complex sales cycle and accounts.
- Strong business acumen: analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/program strategies that drive business objectives.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how to maintain/increase market growth, forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with AbbVie and customer objectives.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 3+ years sales management (District Manager) strongly preferred.
- Account management or marketing experience in a healthcare or related business; managed care, government channel experience is preferred.
- Account Management experience in the Upstate NY/ PA markets preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight within assigned geography and to regional and national meetings.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced