AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of Job Description:
The Purchasing Associate / Contract Administrator focusses on Purchasing economically and efficiently to support the purchase of goods and services commensurate with Corporate and PPD policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. Provides high levels of customer satisfaction. Manages suppliers effectively. Negotiates, develops and implements agreements that maximize value and support PPD initiatives. Investigates, evaluates and implements new technology and ideas that position PPD as Best Practice Performer with industry leaders. Standardizes materials, services and suppliers. The Purchasing Associate / Contract Administrator works on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility, and specifications in the procurement of goods and services while contributing cost savings and other value added activity to support customer needs and expectations.
The Purchasing Associate / Contract Administrator develops, supports and maintains the Contract repository inclusive of content development and share-point site management, filing protocols and overall management of assessing and implementing an enterprise solution (Ariba) if appropriate. The Purchasing Associate / Contract Administrator supports the organization by reviewing all Agreements prior to execution to ensure they are compliant and commercially effective. The Purchasing associate / Contract Administrator provides guidance to the business on best practice when engaging with vendors.
Provide support and expertise for purchasing and contract administration for the Australian and new Zealand offices.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the purchasing process (e.g., corporate purchasing policies and procedures, Accounting basics, preferred suppliers, sourcing strategies).
- Demonstrates knowledge of the purchasing process (e.g., Purchasing policies and procedures, SAP, supplier management).
- Maintain supplier information in the SAP Master file, and associate systems, such as, Ariba.
- Demonstrates knowledge of external guidelines (e.g., FDA, Customs, etc) to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Gather and provide concise data to support issue resolution.
- Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multitask to enhance productivity and manage workload.
- Possesses ability to work within team environment.
- · · Exhibits strong negotiation skills.
· Possesses ability to work within team environment.
Project / Process Management
· Adheres to AbbVie corporate, divisional and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including but not limited to: supplier networks, negotiated pricing and defined practices.
· Ensures compliance with AbbVie Corporate Policies and Procedures.
· Supports sourcing, contracting and purchasing the major and/or critical items used by PPD’s Marketing Team.
· Identifies, develops, and implements improved and standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educates requisitioners on the same.
· Identifies, develops and implements new systems that aid in the identification and collection of usage, prices and suppliers, etc.
· Optimizes internal/ external resources and utilizes relationship to expedite and refine the process to exceed the client’s needs. Leverages cross functional resources to provide excellent solutions.
· Effectively develops and negotiates contracts to optimize project results.
· Seeks and establishes strategic leveraging opportunities.
· Supports in developing sourcing strategies.
· Develops and maintains necessary files and records to maximize performance in completing job functions.
· Performs on-going analysis and cost reductions to ensure the lowest overall cost and highest possible value for dollars spent.
· Evaluates internal/ external suppliers (e.g., internal and external agency audits, printer invoicing, P3 reporting, event preferred suppliers, supplier surveys) as appropriate.
Anticipates changing environment and provides recommendations on how to maximize AbbVie’s opportunities
· Acts as an interface for suppliers.
· Seeks, develops and establishes business relationships with diverse suppliers.
· Seeks, develops, and establishes business relationships with Corporate Preferred Suppliers.
· Encourages and develops positive relationships between Abbvie and key internal clients and strategic suppliers.
· Provides leadership to ensure continuous improvement in supplier/AbbVie interface.
· Demonstrates leadership in conflict resolution to facilitate effective outcomes.
· Maintains ongoing communication with clients/ suppliers to ensure that project timelines, budget deliverables and project changes are aligned with expectations and business needs.
· Proactively provides expertise and process training to internal and external clients.
- High School diploma
- Purchasing or other related experience, customer service, computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations), finance materials planning, supply chain.
- 5 years total combined experience required
- College Degree: 2 years college, business school equivalent or equivalent job experience
- Experience using SAP
Essential Skills & Abilities:
Purchasing / Procurement Competency in indirect commodities
Supplier / Account management
Contract Law / Administration
Verbal presentation skills
All for One AbbVie
Clear and Courageous
Decide Smart and Sure
Agile and Accountable
Make Possibilities Real