AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of Job Description:
We have a new opportunity for a Medical Science Liaison to join the ANZ team. In this exciting career opportunity, you will assist relationships and advance the scientific credibility of the Company with established and emerging external experts in the northern states (NSW, ACT, QLD). The MSL will respond to requests for scientific/medical information and provide key scientific information updates to external experts, and internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Develop/maintain key scientific knowledge that enables credible dissemination of scientific information, informed scientific dialogue with physicians and external experts and development of professional working relationships.
- Participate in set up, oversight and follow-up of assigned IIS projects, clinical studies and medical projects.
- Provide expert knowledge and guidance on the relevant Industry Codes of Conduct relating to review of promotional & non-promotional materials and activities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws & regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie’s policies & procedures, and accepted standards of best practice.
- Provide scientific and technical support for, and help maintain professional and credible relationships with, external experts/ academic centres to ensure access to current medical/scientific information on the products/areas of therapeutic interest.
- Maintain contacts with physicians and external experts in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area and, where requested, AbbVie drugs/products the MSL carries responsibility for.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (stakeholder meetings, journal clubs, Nurse Training/Best Practice Sharing Meetings etc.), where requested.
- Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified physicians the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or lecture/meeting support (Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); and to ensure a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Assist in initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies/medical projects initiated within the relevant TA (e.g. IIS projects, post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, clinical studies). Note: all activities to comply with applicable local laws, guidelines, codes of practice, SOPs, and GPRD SOPs.
- Develop awareness and understanding of competitor issues/intelligence – for example, product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc. – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Attend relevant Scientific Societies meetings/Conferences, and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company – such as key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the TA, etc.
- Support the development and review of promotional material in collaboration with the Commercial teams and Medical colleagues in accordance with all relevant regulations and industry voluntary codes of practice.
- Understands the Pharmacovigilance and Product Quality reporting requirements and their impact on medical information. Ensures that all potential adverse events or quality defects are appropriately reported and followed-up according to Company procedures.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced