The Head, Key Accounts, leads Allergan Aesthetics (AA) field-based competitive defense efforts to ensure maintenance of market share and sales growth of the complete AA product portfolio for TGA-approved uses, including Facial Injectables and CoolSculpting.
Primary responsibilities include leading the coordination and alignment of approved business plans to meet corporate objectives in targeted Key Accounts. The Head, Key Accounts will work with the team of Strategic, Key & Target Account Managers to develop national and region-based account business plans in coordination with the sales management teams from the Facial Injectable and CoolSculpting divisions and the cross functional team.
The Head, Key Accounts will the manage through the Strategic, Key & Target Account managers the implementation of the account plans. The incumbent is also responsible for creating specialised training material for the National Key Accounts team and execute initiatives through the involvement of all Sales Directors, Regional Managers, and sales reps and cross-functional partners. In addition, they will also be responsible for partnering with brand managers to develop customised marketing and promotion activities.
Given the importance of Key Accounts and the rapid consolidation in ANZ, the Head, Key Accounts will also work very closely with the Sales Director and Trade Channel Lead.
Direct responsibility for Strategic & Key Account Managers, and dotted line responsibility for Target Account Managers. Note: The Target Account Managers will report directly to the Regional Sales Managers on the base business accounts.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the achievement of the AA portfolio forecasted dollar and unit sales objectives, and division success factors as established by management through alignment with ANZ Sales & Marketing Plans.
- Effective planning, execution, and approved practice consultation to targeted accounts.
- Consistently attain or exceed assigned sales, profitability, and market share while managing within expense guidelines.
- Provide appropriate strategic direction to direct reports, evaluates progress and monitors the success of the marketing plan to ensure proper execution.
Negotiating KAM Pricing & Value Agreements
- As the sponsor of all negotiations taking place with Key Accounts, whilst KAMs and the Trade Channel Lead are intimately involved in the negotiation process, the Head is responsible for setting negotiation parameters with the Trade & Pricing Team, creating the negotiating environment through strategic interactions with customers, and ensuring all negotiated contracts drive incremental net gains with customers and balance volume/ASP tradeoffs appropriately.
Operations Management & Reporting
- Direct the daily operations of the Key Accounts team including the execution of local business plans, the development and deployment of targeted resources and expansion of relationships between Allergan and emerging customers.
- Improve national and region sales performance and processes by identifying business needs and implementing plans to build or correct.
- Participates in selected activities that help contribute to the improvement of Sales Operations, Marketing, Training or Communications results or processes.
Leadership & Coaching
- Provide direct supervision, coaching and guidance to KAM team.
- Indirectly mentors Region Managers in national or regional account setting.
- Lead collaboration with AMI, BC, Medical and Sales Teams.
- Report any adverse event within 24 hours as per Allergan Aesthetics’(AA) policies and procedures
- Support AA’s Quality Management System and internal auditing processes.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Proactively participate in AA’s WHS programs, adhere to policies and promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Adhere to AA’s internal codes of conduct and compliance processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 10 years of combined marketing management and/or sales management experience
- Minimum 5 years strategic & tactical marketing/sales planning experience
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience within the aesthetic marketplace required
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirement related to the Pharma/Biotech industries
- Clinical and technical knowledge related to botulinum neurotoxins, fillers, body contouring and topical aesthetics
- Financial/budgetary experience
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead a team to achieve consistent sales performance nationally
- Ability to evaluate staff deployment as well as region and territory assignments
- Ability to monitor field activity to ensure balanced workloads; exercise control over resources, budgets and expenses; oversee business operations including accounts receivable, etc.
- Superior leadership qualities and business acumen, exhibiting a leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment.
- Superior negotiation skills with C-suite customers
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with diverse customers and employees
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences including C-suite and internal Region and/or international Executive Teams.
- Superior organisation and project management skills
- Strong business planning skills
- Ability to travel, approximately 30%
Strategic Planning - Applies knowledge to set priorities and develop plans to achieve a future vision
Commercial Acumen - Demonstrates a strong understanding of both the financial and non-financial impact of decisions. Exercises sound judgement and approach to risk based on in-depth understanding of business and relevant data sources.
Drive Execution - Focuses on results, balancing efficiency and quality; sets a standard of accountability and action to effectively accomplish goals
Customer Oriented - Embodies a customer-first philosophy to drive business results
Coaching the Team - Constantly looks for and diagnoses areas for improvement of the team and their techniques. Provides timely and constructive feedback, instruction and guidance to strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas to optimise results. Proactively mentors and coaches’ people and adapts coaching style to each team member; is positive in approach to creating lasting self-change and improvement and encourages feedback across all levels. Dedicated to helping others learn and improve their skill sets based on individual needs and the needs of the enterprise.
Negotiation - Explores alternatives to reach win-win solutions focused on gaining support and acceptance of parties involved
Critical Thinking – Formulates holistic solutions and insights that drive decisions