Sr. Data Warehouse Analyst applies Architecture and Data modelling experience to identify the opportunities to modify or redesign & re-architect existing data architecture of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Master Data Management (MDM) systems. Establish and enhance audit control processes on data processing, data transformations, data transfers as part of data integrations between various systems. Also applies technical expertise to EDW and MDM systems and has substantial knowledge in Oracle & SQL server databases and substantial knowledge in building ETL and MDM processes using Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica IDQ, Informatica IDD, Informatica BDM, Informatica Metadata Manager, Informatica MDM hub and all related ETL technologies. Sr. Data Warehouse Analyst will be part of a team of highly technical individuals responsible for enterprise wide data platforms.
Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems that require regular use of ingenuity/ creativity. Works without appreciable direction. Exercise latitude in defining technical goals. Work reviewed relatively mid/long - term perspective for desired results. Be the primary point of contact for IT from a system perspective for the systems under their responsibility. These include Enterprise data warehouse (EDW), Master data Management (MDM), other Business Intelligence applications (BI) and Atomic systems. Have expert level knowledge & hands on experience of level of latest technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Python, AWS services and other AI / ML technologies.
Manages day to day operations of the systems under their responsibility, troubleshoots\responds to reported issues, reviews system performance to proactively identify issues and works with business users to resolve reported problems.
Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems in their direct area. Completes tasks which support a project or functional team and also meet individual and corporate goals. Regular assignments are completed with limited supervision.
Major Requirements: - Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Great project management skills to manage multiple projects.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals.
- Develops simple to complex ETL mappings in Informatica and documents all the business rules applied in ETL logic to ensure the development is in-line with Functional/Technical specification documents or any other requirements documentation.
- Implements projects end to end to meet business needs in EDW and MDM subject areas using Informatica Powercenter, Informatica MDM hub other related technologies.
- Creates technical documentations such as technical specification documents, technical design documents, Data flow diagrams, process diagrams and process illustrations as Data architect.
- Serve as the Data modeler / Expert data analyst for any Commercial (EDW & MDM) and R&D data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
- Collaborate with various departments, architects, project managers and technical managers to provide estimates, develop overall implementation solution plan and serve as a lead to implement solutions.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams to conduct testing, review and seek feedback and documents all preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work.
- Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete and user conduct trainings.
- Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT areas to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Writes efficient SQL queries to analyze the data thoroughly and present the results of analysis to larger group. Writes PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions to implement robust solutions. Analyzes departmental processes and needs, and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs.
- Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures. Partner effectively with all teams to ensure all business requirements are met, SLAs are met and data quality is maintained.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Bachelors degree preferred with 10+ years technical experience.
- Excellent Project Management Experience with working knowledge and in-depth understanding of Pharmaceutical data and various data sources to MDM. (IMS/IQVIA data, Symphony data, Payer data, formulary data and other sales & marketing datasets).
- Ability to analyze structured and unstructured data comprehensively using SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- 10 or more years of SQL querying Informatica ETL design & development, Informatica IDQ development, Informatica MDM hub design & development, Informatica administration, data & Business analysis with strong documentation skills.
- 8 or more years of experience in leading teams and providing solutions to complex problems.
- 5 or more years of Data Modelling & Architecture experience
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced