AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist I, DMPK - BA
Senior Scientist I Biomarkers Department of Drug Metabolism Pharmacokinetics & BioAnalysis (DMPK-BA).
The DMPK-BA Department within AbbVie’s South San Francisco location is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to lead the creation and implementation of flow cytometry (FACS) based pharmacodynamic cell-based assays that promote the development of novel therapies from the bench to the clinic. The desired candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment with the overall objective to incorporate emerging technologies and cutting-edge data analysis tools. In turn, these high-quality cell-based biomarker approaches rapidly inform on biomarker strategy in the preclinical and early clinical trial setting and directly impact phase I clinical dosing decisions.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team in an integrated early drug development laboratory.
- Conduct laboratory studies in support of biomarker/diagnostic strategy development and execution of individual immune-oncology and immunology R&D projects using FACS.
- Design, implement and monitor FACS derived biomarker and diagnostic testing as well as data collection in early pre-clinical and clinical trials.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to establish productive collaborations.
- Doctoral degree in the medical biological sciences (eg Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology, Genetics, Immunology or similar) or 5-10 years laboratory experience highly desired.
- Recent PhD graduates with 0-2 years postdoctoral experience are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology research and proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques, particularly FACS.
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts and strategies effectively in a science setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites, and within academic and biotech collaborations.
- Skills in bioinformatics including basic coding skills in R and/or Python sufficient to enable adoption of emerging bioinformatics tools would be a plus.
**Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled**
Applicable to California Applicants Only
The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future.
The salary range for this role is posted below
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Recent Graduate
Minimum Salary $83,500
Maximum Salary $163,500
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation