AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Linux Engineer
Scope: We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Linux Systems Engineer to partner alongside our System Architects with day-to-day Linux operations and join our dynamic and growing global Scientific Linux team. This person will be responsible for engineering a global Linux platform supporting R & D Scientists globally.
- Our team includes highly talented and creative professionals supporting the broader visions and goals of AbbVie
- We operate in highly matrixed teams working together with R&D.
- We focus on people: we value inclusivity and diversity
- We are located in a new custom-built facility for AbbVie centered at the birthplace of Biotechnology in South San Francisco
- Our mission is to enable scientists to develop breakthrough treatments for patients
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems (4+ years)
- Ability to write, deploy, and debug containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Compose) (2+ years)
- Advanced skills in Docker design and deployment (2+ years)
- Cloud computing experience (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) (2+ years)
- Understanding of, and experience with Configuration Management tools and methodologies
- CaC – Configuration as code (JSON, YAML, HashiCorp HCL, etc.)
- IaC – Infrastructure as code (Cloud formation, Terraform, etc.)
- Ability to develop systems automation using DevOps tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Operational experience using version control tools (Git, CVS, SVN)
- Familiarity with scripting (Shell, Python, Perl, or other programming languages)
- Flexibility to collaborate with teams in multiple time zones (when needed)
- Excited to learn new technologies and curious by nature
- Enthusiastic about developing partnerships with world class scientists and professionals
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years' experience; Master's Degree with 5 years' experience, or equivalent
- Preferred experience:
-Experience managing Linux-based, high-performance computing
- Prior work in Healthcare, Pharma, or Biopharma
- Knowledge of data classification
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 83,500 to maximum: $ 163,500)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Minimum Salary $83,500
Maximum Salary $163,500
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation