The Senior Analyst is accountable to improve the business/end user experience with a forward-looking mindset and spirit of continuous improvement. This includes:
- Delivering business value by maximizing financial investment and the sustainability of the R&D lab systems and services
- Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the deployment and support of R&D lab systems including but not limited to responsibilities such as: system deployment, enhancements and operations support/maintenance.
- Managing directly or indirectly through the Managed Service Provider(s)(MSP) and/or system OEM to quality outcomes
- Ensuring alignment with cross functional teams and external parties
- Serves as primary AbbVie ABA Laboratory IT support contact point and first level of operation support and escalation for Incidents and Problems, including activities that require multiple teams to solution. Assists, when needed, with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with OEM, IT cross-functional, and business team.
- Performs summary daily reviews of prior days ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents and adjusts priorities as needed to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operational parameters.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Demand and release change prioritization with plan build as required. Provides input and feedback into the Change, Release and Deployment processes and schedules ensuring minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business.
- Monitor and Approve Change Records. Accountable for Demand Approval - ensures right change, right change type, clear & complete scope/requirements.
- Ensure System Knowledge base is Operationally Ready (current, accurate, comprehensive).
- Oversight of the system decommission activities, post data archival
- Primary point of accountability with fulfillment of Service Requests.
- Coordinate planned outages for driven activities. Ensure the communication and advise on risk for activities that require an outage.
- Helps manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all scientific lab application and system maintenance and support activities.
- Through the MSP and/or system OEM, maximize the system opportunities: performance, financials, usage, maintainability, and sustainability, etc.
- Escalation support for any activity that requires multiple teams to solution.
- Act as a liaison for SOP Guidance/Clarifications, etc. to MSP, ensure adherence and continuous improvement.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction & follow up to responses
- Ensuring the communication plans are executed
- Strong core IT fundamentals background.
- Oversight of Laboratory and/or scientific system configuration definition and requirements management.
- Assisting in solutions identification, evaluation, selection, implementation, testing, and working with the IT technical delivery team(s) to meet and exceed business requirements.
- Prior experience managing changes and change control processes and methodologies.
- Proven experience managing and executing complex IT processes and demonstrated ability to identify exceptions to the process, or potential process improvements.
- Experience with identifying and executing continuous improvement opportunities and cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional meetings and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Prior experience with systematically and logically interpreting data, including analyzing trends, solving complex problems, and presenting recommendations to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; or Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences Pharmaceutical Research and Development application technologies, etc.).
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to adopt innovative technology solutions in support of their strategic agenda
- Experience in learning a new business and building both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and IT leaders
- Knowledge of ITIL principles, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced