Our expanding In Vivo Pharmacology group in South San Francisco, CA has an opening for a motivated tumor biologist who is dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative therapeutics, both small molecule and biologics, with a focus on immuno-oncology.
The successful candidate has proven expertise with design and execution of studies utilizing tumor models in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice. The candidate should be experienced with drug formulation and administration via SC, PO, IP, and IV routes. Familiarity with data analysis, data presentation and statistical software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Study Director, Prism) is necessary.
Experience in immuno-oncology methods, including ability to isolate and characterize immune cells from murine tissues and ex vivo analysis (e.g. FACS, cell sorting, adoptive transfer) is desired. Knowledge of PK/PD relationships and in vitro tissue culture is also an advantage.
Our scientists interact with in vitro biology, translational/biomarkers and medicinal chemistry teams to advance oncology agents through the R&D pipeline, so excellent communication skills and the willingness to work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers is essential.
Position will be hired based on level of education and experience.
• BS with 7+ years of experience or MS 5+ years with a degree in physiology, pharmacology, molecular biology or any related field of biology.
Key Leadership Competencies
• Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
• Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 74,500 to maximum: $ 145,500 )
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.