Director, Precision Medicine Immuno-Oncology
- South San Francisco, United States of America
- Research and Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments to join our growing Precision Medicine Oncology organization at AbbVie. As an Associate Director/Director, he/she will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment to lead the development and execution of Precision Medicine strategies for Immuno-Oncology programs in early/late-stage clinical development. This role requires strong translational experience with Immuno-Oncology clinical trials and outstanding communication and leadership skills to drive effective decisions with key cross-functional stakeholders and enable execution of the overall Precision Medicine strategy for the program.
- Lead the design, development, and execution of the overall Precision Medicine strategy for one or more oncology programs
- Serve as the single point of contact for all aspects of the Precision Medicine strategy; providing scientific expertise and leadership to the program
- Advance scientific expertise in understanding immune mechanisms that drive response to treatment in the clinic
- Enable cross functional collaboration on the Precision Medicine strategy, leading the design, execution, analysis, communication, and publication of translational research and correlative clinical biomarker studies
- Apply genomics and proteomics technologies to deliver evidence of target engagement, pharmacodynamics read-outs to support dose selection and combination treatments, design and refine indication and patient selection strategies
- Responsible for Precision Medicine related sections in clinical study / regulatory documents (i.e. INDs, IBs, trial protocols/ops manuals, ICFs, IRB responses, HA Briefing Books, CSRs, etc)
- Ensure that overall budget, schedule, and performance standards are attained, and be accountable for the overall Precision Medicine strategy in oncology clinical studies, in compliance with AbbVie’s processes and regulatory requirements
- Provide oversight of external collaborations (academic/industry/consortia) that advance the overall Precision Medicine objectives for the program
- Present Precision Medicine related strategies and plans to review forums, decision committees and project teams
- Represent Precision Medicine function at advisory boards and health authority interactions to advance translational research and clinical biomarker objectives for the program
- Drive scientific and/or technical innovation collaboratively with other members of Precision Medicine Oncology
- PhD, MD, or PhD/MD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. oncology, cancer biology, cancer genetics, molecular oncology, immunology) with 10 + years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- Strong scientific background in immunology and oncology supported by publication record in these areas as well as expertise in immuno-oncology translational research and clinical trials.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams responsible for developing/implementing Precision Medicine strategies for oncology programs in a drug development setting
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials, companion diagnostics, protocol design, and/or experience in clinical development strategy preferred
- Passion to drive clinical innovation through Precision Medicine to improve outcomes for patients with cancer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail, and effective time management with an ability to distill complex issues and clearly articulate/present solutions
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment, and the ability to interface with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
** The position will be located in South San Francisco, CA **
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced