The Associate Director, Materials Review and Promotion – Imbruvica oversees the Materials Review process to ensure it is effective in supporting business and compliance needs. This position provides support to U.S. Commercial Marketing and Sales team members, medical reviewers, regulatory reviewers and other key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate and timely review of all promotional and non-promotional materials developed by the U.S. Commercial Marketing and Sales organizations. The individual in this position provides consultative strategic and tactical support and must communicate openly and effectively with the U.S. Commercial brand teams. This role serves as the liaison between all individuals within the PRC process (marketing, sales training, medical review, ad-promo regulatory affairs, legal, compliance, IT, advertising agencies, print vendors, fulfillment vendors).
Directs large, cross-functional projects or programs in Marketing Operations that may include organizational change, systems upgrades, and process re-engineers to improve US Commercial’s PRC process performance. The position analyzes trends, makes recommendations, and implements change management plans for business and system process improvements.
- Expert in US Commercial Materials Review and Promotion process and department interdependencies. Possesses a broad understanding of overall US Commercial business, structure, and priorities and proactively set plans to meet evolving business needs.
- Play leadership role in the identification and coordination of value added process improvements for US Commercial Materials Review and Promotion; Develop strategic plan for future phases of software integration/new programs that align with US Commercial’s annual budget planning cycle.
- Manage a diverse workload, multiple demands and competing priorities within the business environment
- Acts as the U.S. Commercial Materials Review and Promotion SME and understands all aspects of the Material Review process from review through production and release including a thorough understanding of the policies, processes and required systems along with knowledge of how to navigate the process and systems for most efficient outcomes and speed to market. Is decisive when it comes to any questions related to materials review processes and systems. Understands intent of policies.
- Ensures all required activities are coordinated from concept through final approval and release which includes managing conflicts / issue escalation and resolution, identifying bottlenecks and bringing all parties together to resolve issues.
- Proactively provides expertise and process training to internal and external stakeholders. Identifies when external or internal team members require additional training and proactively work to train those individuals on the process and/or systems.
- Establish timelines to ensure that all items for review are scheduled in an effective and efficient manner to meet business needs; Facilitate collaboration meetings, including concept kick-offs. Drive PRC agenda to ensure all relevant topics are discussed. Ensure live discussions stay on-topic. Facilitate positive discussion and decision making.
- Lead discussions on KPI dashboards, interpret metrics and provide recommendations.
*Role can be located in Lake County, IL OR South San Francisco, CA
- B.A./B.S./Business, Communications or Advertising (MBA not required, but desirable) or equivalent business experience within AbbVie or a related industry.
- 8+ years of experience in project or program management.
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- 5+ years PRC/MLR experience strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership competencies to include setting vision and strategy, building teams, knowing the business, driving for results, and encouraging open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Strong, proven management experience across multiple functions including management of exempt personnel in fast-paced, service/team environment.
- Highly motivated change agent that can drive business-focused solutions.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to distill highly complex requirements into compelling business objectives.
- Strong problem solving abilities in complex, compliance regulated department.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced