AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
API Technical Shift Lead
How we break through matters.
Do your best work at AbbVie—as part of a brilliant, curious team.
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We will soon have a vacancy for an experienced Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Technical Shift Leader to join our Manufacturing team in AbbVie Manorhamilton Road. In this role you will lead and facilitate the safe operations of the API and/or Pilot Plant manufacturing team in a pharmaceutical processing facility in line with all safety, regulatory and operational requirements.
As part of your new and exciting role you will assure the long-term effectiveness of the team: deliver high levels of customer service, ensure quality of product and services, comply with all regulatory requirements, achieve desired financial performance including cost reductions, and build a culture of high performance for the team
Does this interest you? Then read on....
Here's a snapshot of your key responsibilities for this role:
- Supervision and execution of pharmaceutical processing activities in the API building and support locations, to meet clearly stated operating objectives.
- Daily reporting on the status of all operations and support activities.
- Team leadership, motivation and direction to maximize the effectiveness of their manufacturing team. The Technical Shift Leader must clearly communicate task details and goals to their team members, to allow the pharmaceutical technicians to work effectively.
- Responsible for verification and update of manufacturing control system transactions accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Act as key point of technical contact for API Business Unit. Shift technicians report directly to this role.
- Communicate the departmental goals, to provide cost effective products as part of the AbbVie Class A supply chain system.
- Liaise with Supply chain & program management group to ensure effective planning, scheduling and execution of commercial and NPI clinical manufacturing.
- Resolves operations/project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for driving operations excellences and Key operations targets including OEE where applicable.
- Ensure the execution of pharmaceutical processing activities in the API building and support locations, to meet clearly stated operating objectives.
- Responsible for manufacturing compliance with all safety, environmental and quality related SOPs.
- Drive safety improvements and initiatives across the operation.
- Ensure successfully review, amendment and implementation of changes to SOPs and managing CAPAs.
- Promote a culture of perfect performance and Enhanced Right first time within their team.
- Liaise with the relevant departments & customers in the introduction and execution of NPIs Projects.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
So, what do you need to do this role?
- Degree, Masters or PhD in Life Sciences or a Process/ Chemical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in batch processing, automation, commissioning and validation in an FDA/HPRA regulated industry.
- Detailed knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles of contamination control and regulatory expectations for aseptic processing.
- Technical background in engineering, formulations and technical transfers capacity.
- A minimum of 1 year team direct supervisory experience in a team environment
- Possess a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
So, are you ready to be part of this ambitious and diverse Manufacturing team? If you would like to express your interest, apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.