Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Site Services Utilities Engineer to join our site in Ballytivnan, Sligo.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Site Services Utilities Engineer would be:
- Responsible for maintenance of the physical facilities and utilities at the AbbVie Ballytivnan site.
- Establish with the Facilities Team lead the performance goals, schedules and timetables for activities.
- Assist with the management and supporting / utility / facility project plans.
- Coordinate maintenance of facility equipment to required maintenance schedules.
- Document maintenance activities through the site Computerized Maintenance Management System. (Maximo)
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for the facility, plant and equipment.
- Ensure successful agency, external, divisional and corporate audits as relates to engineering compliance systems.
- Cross train within department to ensure appropriate preventive maintenance schedules.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
- Support a culture of EHS excellence by recognizing and submitting opportunities for EHS improvement.
- Management of external contractors who support maintenance across utilities and facilities.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrades in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that the utilities and facilities equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Liaise with Global Engineering as required.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Quality, Engineering & Safety.
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Prepare appropriate CAPA plans and implement timelines.
- Supports qualification and validation activities for manufacturing processes, equipment, utilities, and cleaning validation.
- To support the engineering teams in controlling uptime of facilities and utilities equipment and optimizing efficiencies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or trade qualification in a relevant discipline.
- 5 +Years’ experience in Facility and Utility Engineering, preferably in a cGMP environment.
- Experience in Electrical, HVAC, Steam Boilers, Cooling Towers, LPHW, Chilled Water and Potable Water Distribution, Compressed Air Generation, Building Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems.
- Required to undertake specific investigations, and equipment monitoring, with the view to improve performance e.g. reducing plant downtime and maximizing Plant output and yield.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and ability to solve related issues and provide effective solutions that support overall engineering/operational objectives.
- Prior operations experience in a GMP and GDP regulated environment desirable.
- Ability to balance priorities to ensure immediate demands are achieved without sacrificing long-term operational strategies.
- Ability to conduct effective training as necessary for the operation of facilities/equipment.
- Uses standard office program (Microsoft) for daily communications and project work.
- Be able to work within a team and expected to be competent to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced