AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior QC Micro Analyst
Together, we create the capabilities of tomorrow.
You’re here to make a difference. We have the science to turn you into difference makers.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Senior QC Micro Analyst to join our team in Ballytivnan, Sligo.
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Senior QC Micro Analyst would be:
- Understand all Regulations and business processes required to maintain Laboratory Data Integrity and compliance.
- Lead the environmental and microbiological tests programs and work along with the QC analysts to implement continuous improvements.
- Carry out a variety of routine testing including but not limited to Bioburden, Endotoxin, Growth Promotion, TOC, pH, Conductivity, Nitrates, density and protein concentration.
- Lead the Micro QC analysts during any batch or APS runs.
- Define and update procedures for plant relative to microbiological and environmental testing.
- Support validation of equipment.
- Lead test method transfer of microbiological methods into the lab.
- Develop microbiological laboratory procedures and overall workings within the lab environment.
- Maintain up-to-date and detailed records of all tests performed. Review and approve testing data and be competent in the use of LIMs system.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies.
- Lead and support any internal/external audits.
- Lead investigations into Out of Specification (OOS) results, LIRs and NCRs for the lab.
- Act as a delegate in the absence of the Microbiology Lab Lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st March 2023
Education and Experience:
- Third level qualification in microbiology required or equivalent science discipline.
- A good knowledge of aseptic processes' manipulation together with experience within a GLP/GMP environment and knowledge of current EU/FDA/ICH/HPRA guidelines.
- Experience is industry is desirable.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation