AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Senior Microbiologist to join our site in Ballytivnan, Sligo.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Senior Microbiologist would be:
- Supervises Laboratory Technicians and Lab. Coordinators. Schedules the work, vacations, and holidays of laboratory technicians. Plans and coordinates analysis of products, raw material, in-process samples, final bulk and final product samples, and water samples.
- Reviews the plant Environmental Monitoring program results and reports to management. Seeks that the appropriate corrective action are taken. Writes department reports to management concerning the environmental conditions of the manufacturing area.
- Gives technical guidance to laboratory technicians to efficiently solve situations related to the analytical nature of the tests. Proficiently utilizes all instruments and equipment in the microbiology laboratory. Has understanding of equipment's underlying principles of operation. Implements new instrumentation/technology into the laboratory operation.
- Maintains sample authorization flow to keeps the LIMS system updated for trend analysis.
- Develops, writes, implements, and audits the Basic Operation Procedures to ensure compliance with FDA CGMP's Corporate, and Divisional requirements.
- Performs QC lab audits. Maintains adequate materials and supplies inventory. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs analytical effort required for special problem solving arising from production, R & D, Q.A., and facility/equipment validation studies. Maintaining excellent communication with Lab Coordinators to manage the lab priorities including the completion of the EM program, product release, and reinstatements, among others.
- Assures all QC lab. technicians complete training program for new or improved methodology.
- Participates in technical personnel selection, training, performance appraisal, placement, transferring discipline, and reprimands.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Science
- Three years supervision experience in laboratory areas.
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations and pharmaceutical compendia (USP, EP, BP, etc.)Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good statistical and scientific knowledge. These include laboratory troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Know and/or understand monitoring methods
- Must be able to handle conflicts.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation